New to Lin. Conti's and got some stupid questions.

95conti

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Just recently got a 95 Conti, and was wondering some of the specs on the car. HP/TQ number, 0-60 and 1/4 times. Any trouble spots or weak links that these car are know for. I have been searching for performance mods for this car and have had no luck. I want a chip, CAI, msd, and any other easy to do bolt ons that I can get for this car. But there doesnt seem to be much. I dont want to go to crazy, I want to keep it quite, so stock exaust is going to have to do. Maybe some high flow cats. Are there any websites that are dedicated to Lin. Contis for performance parts and info. I have looked for chips, pully kits, TBs, CAIs, MSD setups, shift kits, and I cant find JACK SH*T. Maybe Im not looking in the right spots. Any direction or info would be a great help. Thanks in advance for any help. And what is better LinVSCadi

Your stock Conti will do 0-60MPH in about 7.3 seconds and 15.7 in the 1/4 mile. As for sites dedicated to perfromance parts the Conti, there aren't any. There's no real market for high performance Continentals. I had trouble looking for aftermarket radio install kits for this car, nevermind performance stuff; and that's why I traded it for a Mark VIII.

But, you can use alot of 4.6 performance parts like underdrives and MSD's. The first mod you should do is remove the intake resonator. That will give the car a slight performance gain and a better sound. As for larger aftermarket throttle bodies, they are a waste of money ($400 for some) and give absolutely no gain.

An SCT tune or chip will give you better respone on the throttle, and improve your tranaxle shifting.

The exhaust is one of the restrictors on the Conti, but since you want peace and quiet, I won't go into it. High flow cats won't do sh!t unless you convert to true-dual with high flow mufflers. If you really want bang-for-buck, install a nitrous kit, for around $400 and drop .75 second in the 1/4-mile and make no noise...

...and as for Lincoln vs. Cadillac... who's better? Lincoln, of course :D. Cadillac has absoultely NO performance market, so they're in the same boat as the Conti...

the Conti is slow. My previous car was faster (not by much) than this so going from fast to slow is kinda weird. But...........i didn't get this car to go fast. I got it to cruise. It does that good. As far as mods, listen to evillally. Also, there is a bar going across the MAF sensor. If you remove that you are looking at 10-20 hp and 10-20 tq. Supposedly that is one of the best mods possible. Last night on the interstate i was cruising at 70mph and just put it to the floor to see what she would do. Not impressed. After taking 2-3 seconds to downshift she surged ahead but by not much and continued to pick up till i cut it off at 100 mph. Throttle response is lacking but that is because of the auto and i understand that. I am just used to stick. When i got the car i was gungho too about mods but after driving it and with the reputation of problems...............i decided not worth it. I'll probably just buy a 03 or 04 GT 5 spd one day and mod something that is worth it and keep the Conti for interstate cruising.

I am not looking to build a race car. I just want the car to be all it can be without serious work. I want to improve milage while Im at it. Almost all boltons will increase milage as long as you can keep the cinder blocks off the gas. I have a 351 mustange project in the works so I will have my 500hp toy. Just lookin for the 300 pony mark for the conti. Main goal is a family car that can move. Dont get me wrong this car is by no means slow. Just want a tit bit more push, top end speed and milage, at 2.50/gal it needs to be considered. NOS is out of the question. Anyone want to fill me in a little more on trouble spots. Thanks for the info guys.

Porting the MAF has been done on many other cars, like the LT1 MAF has a divider just like you are discribing. I have not gone out and looked at it to see if it is for sure the same but my guess it is just by your discription. I have talked to many guys to include myself that have done this. I dont have any dyno numbers from the port myself but I swore that I could feel a difference but we took a buddys car to the performance shop up in VA and dynoed the car both with and with out the ported maf and the most we got out of it was 5hp. But lost the 5 in the upper rpms. A mech. told up that because the car has a twin TB it needs the divide in the MAF to cut out some of the air terbulance before it reaches the TB, otherwise you have uneven airflow and scattered air insted of a nice flow. So that is why we lost the 5 on the top, the harder the engine pulled the more terbulance it caused, thus making it a restricsion in air flow. I dont know if the conti has a twin TB, so this may benifit a car with a single TB inlet, dont know. I just got the car and havent done all of my hard looking and researching. Things I should do before I buy a car. But impulse and the era of credit is a bitch.

Anyone with dyno numbers on this mod. Cause feel and hp numbers are 2 different things. Feel dont mean jack. Thanks for any more replys.

Members online

No members online now.
Back