New to cadillacs

blkZ28Conv

LVC Member
Reaction score
I am new to cadillac and right now in the process of purchasing a 2000 Escalade as my daily driver. I drive approximately 10 miles a day so gas mileage should not be a problem. Anything I should look for concerning purchasing this vehicle. Previous owner also only used as a commute vehicle and took excellent care of vehicle.OD mileage is 95,000.

:W to :V

What ever you need or want to know you'll find here or at least someone will tell you where to go! LOL

Great :invasion: of people here, you love the site.

95k is about average for a near-5-year old vehicle in many metropolitan areas.
My 2001 Dakota has almost that and I live in a small city of about 50k residents.(However, I also go all over the southeast to seminars many times a year.) Broken-down yearly, that's about 20-25k a year.I put that on all my vehicles. If by going by a friend of mine's '98 Tahoe (both very similar models),You should be happy with your Escalade for a while yet. (His Tahoe has 175K on the clock and never any major problems, Though he's very strict on maitenance and upkeep.)
Oh yeah! By the way, welcome to LVC.com! I hope this info helps.
:L
1997 LTC Sig. Series (The Dakota's my work truck, BTW) :biggrin:

Sounds like it should be a good buy. Fully depreciated but still alot of ride for the money. Good luck.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and info. This will be my daily driver (~10 miles a day) in no traffic (also live in small town of about 50,000). Looking forward to enjoying this vehicle.

Randeaux said:
95k is about average for a near-5-year old vehicle in many metropolitan areas.
My 2001 Dakota has almost that and I live in a small city of about 50k residents.(However, I also go all over the southeast to seminars many times a year.) Broken-down yearly, that's about 20-25k a year.I put that on all my vehicles. If by going by a friend of mine's '98 Tahoe (both very similar models),You should be happy with your Escalade for a while yet. (His Tahoe has 175K on the clock and never any major problems, Though he's very strict on maitenance and upkeep.)
Oh yeah! By the way, welcome to LVC.com! I hope this info helps.
:L
1997 LTC Sig. Series (The Dakota's my work truck, BTW) :biggrin:

20-25K miles/year is "AVERAGE"?! As I recall, the national average is reported as being about 13K miles. Generally, I believe the industry average is considered to be between 13-15K miles.

Katshot said:
20-25K miles/year is "AVERAGE"?! As I recall, the national average is reported as being about 13K miles. Generally, I believe the industry average is considered to be between 13-15K miles.

The National Average is 15K a year.

Members online

No members online now.
Back