New Tires!!!!!

russellhyde

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
What website can I go to for ordering some new tires size 245/50/16 for less than $200 for the set of 4?:confused:

i ordered 2 sumitomo HTR Z tires in that size a couple of days ago and it was around 80 a tire from tire rack.. Amazing tires i love them.. check them out. ill be posting pictures of them on my car tomarrow

I just found the hook up here in town! I met this guy who buys the tires wholesale at the warehouse. I just picked up 4 brand new 225/45/17s for $220 total.

Good luck finding that online, you have shipping as well.

My 245/45/17s look small (as far as height) on the car, 225/45/17s have to look pretty tiny... 245/45/16s will look a little small as well.

As for $50/tire, you'll probably only find used tires for that.

What website can I go to for ordering some new tires size 245/50/16 for less than $200 for the set of 4?:confused:

while your probably not gonna get 4 new tires for LESS than 200.
try this site
http://onlinetires.com/

I priced 245/50/16's for 370ish delivered.
keeping in mind you're still gonna have to pay someone to mount and balance them which can add 40-100 dollars to the cost depending on where you take them.

make sure you do your homework

Your buddy Kracker told me a while back he knew of a website that had'em for that price but I can't get him on the phone.

I went to discounttire and got a quote for 4 225/60/r16 for $62.00 each,and they were the falken 512ze model. I had them on my focus and loved them, I will be putting a set on the Mark.

I was not impressed with the treadlife on my ze512s. I had a set of 255/50/16s on my old 94 Mark, traction wasn't bad, but I got maybe 18-20k out of them.

I didn't do any burnouts, I occasionally launched from a dig with minimal spin (like I said traction was pretty good,) once in awhile I'd get a little chirp on the 1-2 shift... I only had the ze512s on the rear.

My 275/40/17 Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3s will probably be good for 25-30k based on their current wear and the same general driving style.. IIRC the F1s treadwear rating is 280, which isn't great.

I get about 60K out of my fronts and about 50K out of the rears.
usually I run cooper Zeon ZPT 245-50-16's

You don't rotate?

Hell no.. tire rotation is a farce created by the people that SELL TIRES.

They want you to move your tires all around the car and compoud the different wear patterns from each corner of the car.

Say for instance you have 1 tire that wears faster than the others.
So the tire people want to rotate your tires around the car moving non wearing tires into a known "high wear" position.

SO rather than needing ONE tire because of the issue you now need FOUR TIRES...
screw rotating.

If I do ANY type of rotation it's FRONT to BACK to OFF the car.
new tires on the front.. front tires to the back.. back tires in the dumpster
THAT is rotating IMHO

I dont think I ever rotated a tire again since I had sold my 73 Mark IV which had a full sized spare.

And yes, the Yokos ROCK.

I used to run Yokohama A008R's on my SVO
They were like 1/3 dimpled slick with the other 2/3s looked like a Pirelli tread design

they were cool tires and worked very well "at the limit"

hankook's on the mark, cheap korean tires, but seem to hold up, i got like 60~ish out of my first set, now im on my second. i rotate every 6k (2 oil changes) ive seen some tires get cupped bad from lack of rotation, and tommy i hope you never own a focus or a escape, if you dont rotate every oil change, your tires will look like circular saw blades! just the way the car is, they eats tires

Members online

No members online now.
Back