New Tires

Carol

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I need to purchase 4 new tires for my 97 conti. I live in PA and although we haven't had an excessive amount of snow the last several years, I HATE driving in any amount of snow anymore than absolutly necessary. I want a very good tire though that I can depend on in snow and rain. I have considered Firestone Turanza, Kumho and Michelin. Any suggestions that might help me decide would be appreciated.

I know Kuhmo is a suck ass tire, I probably would go with Michelin

I just put a set of 4 Yokohama's on my 99 Lincoln, and have been extremely pleased. I've put 6000 miles on them and when I had them rebalanced and rotated, everything was just fine. They get good recs from tirerack.com. Hope this helps.

I did a bit of looking and bought a set of Kumho Solus KR21 tires, and they are an excellent choice for the continental. I'm in SoCal so no clue on snow, but extremely quiet, smooth, and generally a tire you never think about again after installing, they just work without issue. All at a Kumho price.

Hi Carol,

I purchased Goodrich Traction TA's a year ago August for my 95 Continental. We got a lot of snow last winter here in Toronto, and they performed extremely well. I looked at consumer ratings for ice, snow and wet before buying them, and at the time, I was on a budget. But other tires that rated just as well that I'd also looked at (and would have bought), were Michelin MXV4, Dunlop Signature, or Goodyear Assurance Triple Tread. That last one apparently is an amazing tire as a friend of mine has them on a big car, and says they are very quiet. That's one thing about the Goodrich tires I have, a wee bit of noise-not much and you get used to it, but his are almost soundless. Also when doing the research back then I was told that H or V rated tired are best for a Continental? The other thing to mention is that I got mine at Dunn Tire in Buffalo and they use nitrogen rather than coventional air. If you can possibly get that, do it-don't even pass go. I am still amazed at how little (not at all?) I need to fill the tires. If you have Dunn Tire in PA, might be worth checking them out as they had all the different products I was looking at above, plus the nitro.

Members online

Back