NEW THREAD TOPIC: LS Overheating

No it stay right under the 3 quarter mark when it's sitting. I didn't want to drive it anymore and put more heat on the engine.

There are no leaks in the system? WTF!!! It only over heats when the A/C is on... I'm so pissed off and confused right now!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

try the hydraulic pump acuator i had the same problem replace resevoir bottle, t-stat, still overheating. so i took it to a radiator shop and they said its either the fan motor or the hydraulic pump. so i went to lincoln to buy parts and the sales man told me a mechanic just had the same problem and he bout the pump actuator and fixed the problem. long story short i replaced my hydraulic pump actuator and no more overheating.

I replaced the entire hydraulic fan pump the first time around then the electric fan went out. I got the car back yesterday afternoon and it's been running fine so far.
Tomorrows ago with this girl I'm into. I really didn't want to bring up my car F'ing up on me the other day but it came out and she was really cool about it. She even said she didn't mind bringing me but I told her I couldn't let her do that. Thank goodness my car is working again now I just need to wash the dirty bitch for a night out on the town!;)

So much for a night on the town using my car! The MotherF*cker over heated on me on the way to the car wash the morning... I had it towed to the dealership, I'm tired of dealing with the shop I was taking it to as I'm sure there tired of dealing with my car! My roommate says I can use his car tonight as well as during the week for work until my car is fixed (he has a work truck and he's a great friend). It feels like this is never going to end and I still owe so much on it that I'd be getting F*cked if I tried to trade it in for something else. If only that GAP insurance covered if your car turned into a POS they could total it out and I could get a new car and didn't have to deal with this...

i feel the same way, its one thing after another after another. i finally fixed mine from overheating and now something else is going wrong with it.

my problem was just the pump actuator. its just a solenoid that controls the flow of the hydraulic fluid to run the fan. i had pretty much the same problems as you no shop knew what it was they told me my pump could be bad or my fan motor is going out. the director of sales at my lincoln dealership told me he sells alot of the pump actuators. he gave me a mechanic and gave me the part at cost. havent had a problem since, except for the ball joints going out.

Cool!!! I'll keep that in mind when the dealership calls me back tomorrow with there diagnosis. I've have everything but the pump actuator replaced so it sound about right that IT would be going out!
Thinks for the help! I hope you get your ball joints fixed.

The dealership is saying it's the pump actuator. Going to be close to $500 around $475 out the door or so they say... I really hope this is it! I'm exhausted with F*cking personal stress and just that I've been dealing with this sh!t for so long...

I'm bringing back my old thread because I'm having the same problem! Although not as bad the car doesn't overheat Per Se it just runs hot. The temp gauge will get close to the 3/4 mark then go back down near to normal operating tempature (middle) but not right where it normally runs just a little above. I recently got it back from the body shop and just before the little scrape I had it did this exact same thing. The guy at the body said he had it run hot on him as well but he just kept driving it and the temp did as previously stated.
He mentioned that it may be my thermostat?
I don't know what the LS's OEM thermostat is rated/degree or whatever is set for so if somebody knows out there can you help me out with this?

I'm bringing back my old thread because I'm having the same problem! Although not as bad the car doesn't overheat Per Se it just runs hot. The temp gauge will get close to the 3/4 mark then go back down near to normal operating tempature (middle) but not right where it normally runs just a little above. I recently got it back from the body shop and just before the little scrape I had it did this exact same thing. The guy at the body said he had it run hot on him as well but he just kept driving it and the temp did as previously stated.
He mentioned that it may be my thermostat?
I don't know what the LS's OEM thermostat is rated/degree or whatever is set for so if somebody knows out there can you help me out with this?

195 degrees F

So... it's come back to this! My M F'ing car is overheating again. I'm outside of the 12 months 12 thousand mile warranty for all the parts that I had replaced.

I'm left with no other choice...

It's either her or me!

Dude

Hey I'm on my fourth fan and third pump on my 01V6, replaced all plastic in the system too, junk, junk, junk, bad design pumps, bad mechanics too! Some LS owners have had no problems what so ever, and thats great, I had 11 months on a complete new hydra system when the pump started screaming, dealer replaced it free of charge, said it was main shaft problem. What I don't get is that my power steering pump has never failed or leaked, but the fan pump and fan motor are junk? makes no sense to me.

Finally got the car diagnosed from the dealership today. 'This time' it's the water pump however the tech wants to change the thermostat as well due to it running hot repeatedly. I've gone through 3 thermostats in a year and 1 month!:mad: As for the rest of this cars cooling system I've done the the hydraulic fan pump, thermostat (as before mentioned), electric fan, pump actuator and flushed countless times... I'm anticipating the radiator going out on me very soon.:shifty:

I need to stop threatening getting rid of her. I haven't done it after all of so I'm probably going to die in this car!!!:( I have to admit though as she was getting put onto the wrecker for the billionth time she did look good! That sounds pretty pathetic...

Man this thread has scared the hell out of me. My car just started overheating this week. I replaced the thermostat but that didn't do the trick. I'm going to add more coolant today and probably bleed it again. Hopefully that does it. I really think it's something dealing w/ my fan b/c my AC has issues too.

I have to agree with pektel, BLEED....if the problem persists..keep bleeding the cooling system. thats what i did...problem fixt (works best if on lvl ground first time round...FYI)

In my 2004 LS I have had overheating problems three times, none of which was covered by warranty:

1. Cracked thermostat housing. The original leaked antifreeze on the ground like crazy and was easy to spot.
2. Cracked plastic on the upper radiator hose. This took a couple of months to lose coolant, and the engine eventually overheated. I filled it up with antifreeze and it would go for a couple of months. The only way that the dealer found it is only when the engine was at normal temperature a hairline fracture let a little antifreeze out a little at a time.
3. Cracked coolant tank. Again, a small leak that took months to get to the point of overheating the engine.

Hope this helps.

Members online

Back