new steering wheel and a couple new gauges

p38wannabe

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I just had to "enhance" the cockpit a little and make my daily drive more exciting ... :L

lincoln.JPG

Might wanna check your IAC valve - the car's idling at 5200 ;) Not really a fan of the wires being draped across the center console like that, but it's your car - as long as you like it, that's what counts :) What gauges did you install?

Speaking of gauges..

kville02.jpg

I'm getting as bad as OldSchool with the pics....:D

NYC LSC said:
Might wanna check your IAC valve - the car's idling at 5200 ;)

Hmmmmm..... The car is idling over 5 grand in drive, that must be a wicked burnout (no feet and all!). I can't seem to put things together in this pic...

:rolleyes: , the tach came with a shift light and it was just sitting there with the ignition turned on, I toke the light off since it is pointles on a automatic. I still got the old steering wheel, it is in very good condition, let me know if you want it, otherwise it wil go on ebay.

The gauges I installed are oil press on the steering colum and oil temp and volts on the console. I still have a intake vacum and a A/F gauge coming and will change the black faced oil press to the white faced lay out. The vacum will go on the steering colum and oil press and temp go on the console. Still not sure were to go with A/F and Volts but I have already something in mind - I was trying to find the A-pillar but it seems nobody is selling it anymore. I know it will look to much :ricesmile for some but it works for me ... :N

Btw, for the record my car is totaly stock from the outside ... as I said, just like to have some "excitment" on the way to work ... :L

Btw, can someone tell me if the Ford Racing aluminum driveshaft will fit our lincolns?

Nice interior, mate!.

Yeah, the Ford racing shaft is fit for the 'stang.
It's easier to goto a local driveshaft place and have them measure and build a custom aluminum one for ya. That's what I did for the t-5.

You can get a used aluminum crown vic shaft cut and balanced down to 58" from mounting flange and tranny seal, Cheaper than a new one.

here is my revised setup with a vacum gauge and RPM on the steering collum, A/F meter om the middle console (right side will be occupied by an white faced autometer clock) and a tripple pod containing oil press., oil temp, and volts on the right side.

revised.JPG

now we are talking lincoln wheel ... the horn button makes all the difference ... :N

btw, very nice too, I like the setup for the gauges in the ashtray, very slick!

:Beer

lwl.JPG

very nice too, the wood goes well with it. I though about it but just could not find somethimg matching - yours looks great!

Landshark, I wanted to put a Nardi wheel in my car, but I forgot about the rectangular shape of the column cover. Is there any way you see of makin something that wwould fix the gap? Nice wheel by the way.

I think it would be pretty easy to make something from 1/8"-1/4" thick rubber or plastic. I don't have anything specific in mind to hack up... Anything from a garbage can lid to a rubber mud flap would probably work. Let me know if you find something that works well as I'll need to do it on the LandShark II this winter. :wrench

thos cockpits in those marks look sweet with the new steering wheel and the tackes and that
i wish i could take my steering wheel out of the 95 continetal and put a woodgrain in but i wana keep the airbag
anyone know if its possible to do a switch with like a woodgrain wheel form another lincoln or will it not work just wondering if you think its at all possilbe to thanks

Here's a couple pics of my old '85 Bill Blass. The two LED gauges in the tripminder are Oil pressure and Temp. The digital tach is to the left.
These were serious custom mods that took me a hell of a lot of time but it sure was purdy! :give

Sadly, that car is now parts. =[

85 BB Int1.jpg

85 BB Int1 tach.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back