New Rims......

jdbwood

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
JUSt got some new wheels tried them on today fit good they have 40+ offset. 245/35/20 tires. when i tried them on the rims barely hit the caplier but when i bolted on they spinned prefect. test drove and felt a more smoother ride with better handling in the steering wheel. kinda sound a humming from the right front side or front. also a lil bit rubbing in front right i dont know if its the tires or suspension. it was nice earlier in the day but was cold in NY then got cloudy n lil snow. the car is very dirty but i wanted to try the rims on since i bought them.

P1000405.jpg

P1000403.jpg

P1000404.jpg

yes the car is lowered a lil bit i had eibach springs but took them out and cut 1 link on my stock springs. it raised the car a bit more then eibachs.
anyone here have ebiach springs with 20in rims?????????????

I'm not usually a fan of most aftermarket wheels, but those looks awesome. And I love the stance of the car!!

yes the car is lowered a lil bit i had eibach springs but took them out and cut 1 link on my stock springs. it raised the car a bit more then eibachs.
anyone here have ebiach springs with 20in rims?????????????

I do!

Are those boss 327's? If so then I will be getting some of those for sure. I love the look of 5 split spoke rims. Looks very good.

i cleaned the car 2day so i will try n post sum pics and i also added my lse grill back on but yea they are boss rims... anyone have nitto extreme tires?? when i drive n slow down i hear a humming sound i dont kno if its the tires or suspension??
i might put my eibach springs back on but i dont wanna have much rubbing since it rubs when im turning and hittin gas also when i hit dips in road..
ANY 20IN RIMS INFO LET ME KNO

i've heard mixed comments when it comes to 20's w/ lowering springs. i want to do it but when i talked to mikedeezy he told me he does bottom out once in a while on big bumps and there are plenty in los angeles, so..... Regardless, if you want to do it you can roll the fenders as well. i think the eibachs would do better than the cut oem springs. just my opinion. also i think it depends on the wheels themselves

yea i might get my fenders rolled but i ned some $$$ they want $50 per fender

Looks real good bro...Do the fenders yourself

how do u do the inner fenders??? and wat will i have to remove or mess with?? im havin problems with the right side for some reason, the front rubbs very little its just the back when i hit some bumps

Looks real good bro...Do the fenders yourself

how do u do the inner fenders??? and wat will i have to remove or mess with?? im havin problems with the right side for some reason, the front rubbs very little its just the back when i hit some bumps

Use a hammer and hit the inside of you wheel wells thats what I did worked great ill try to get some pics...You might have to do a little cutting in the back but I didnt have to I know someone did though

i know a guy here in the valley that charges 60 for all 4 corners. i wouldn't do it myself as i tend to mess a lot of things up when i do them myself with no prior knowledge on how to do it correctly

Use a hammer and hit the inside of you wheel wells thats what I did worked great ill try to get some pics...You might have to do a little cutting in the back but I didnt have to I know someone did though

Not sure if this works on the LS or not but I used to have a Lexus IS300 I put some 19's on and I had to roll my fenders...What I did was stuck the small end of a baseball bat between the wheel and fender towards the front of the car and drove in reverse slowly and it rolled the lip of the fenders just perfect ;)

Not sure if this works on the LS or not but I used to have a Lexus IS300 I put some 19's on and I had to roll my fenders...What I did was stuck the small end of a baseball bat between the wheel and fender towards the front of the car and drove in reverse slowly and it rolled the lip of the fenders just perfect ;)

i did that withmy buddies cts with his 20's, came out great.

how does it ride do u get lot of scrapping or rubbing????

Ride better than stock. I got a second opinion from a good friend that runs Auto cross SCCA and he also said it rode a lot better than stock.

Members online

No members online now.
Back