New Ride In The Garage

Icewood

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Saleen S281 Vert.

I've actually had it for a few months now, I just haven't been very active online..either way here is a link to the cardomain.

Check it out

Nice ride, but thats not a real Saleen is it? Looks like it has most of the body kit. Here is my Saleen S281 425RWHP on the right and my brother-in-laws 580RWHP Cobra.

New Image.JPG

Nice ride, but thats not a real Saleen is it? Looks like it has most of the body kit. Here is my Saleen S281 425RWHP on the right and my brother-in-laws 580RWHP Cobra.

Good eyes! No it isn't, it's a replica.
I could have purchased a real S281 for the money I spent on this car but there are a few reason why I got this one instead, reasons I won't get into at this point...;)

Btw: Just curious, how were you able to tell?

Good eyes! No it isn't, it's a replica.
I could have purchased a real S281 for the money I spent on this car but there are a few reason why I got this one instead, reasons I won't get into at this point...;)

Btw: Just curious, how were you able to tell?

I appreciate someone who can be honest about it.

I took a guess, but the hood is a big give away. My S281 has holes in the hood and it CANNOT be taken out in the rain at all. Plus you dont have pics of the rear, I couldnt see the muffler setup. The brakes are different. The pony in the front grill should have a black surrond and not the chrome.

No pics of the interior, but the Saleen has the boost guage in the dash not the pillars.

It is a nice replica though!!

I appreciate someone who can be honest about it.

I took a guess, but the hood is a big give away. My S281 has holes in the hood and it CANNOT be taken out in the rain at all. Plus you dont have pics of the rear, I couldnt see the muffler setup. The brakes are different. The pony in the front grill should have a black surrond and not the chrome.

No pics of the interior, but the Saleen has the boost guage in the dash not the pillars.

It is a nice replica though!!

Hehe ! Nice eyes once again. I don't have any reason to lie about it, it's not going to make me feel like "more" of a person having a "real" serialized s281 , besides like I said I could have had one, but chose not to.

I think that the 01-02 S281s came with the hood that I have on there right now. Obviously they didn't come with the painted section, that was somthing I did in order to bring out the contrast in the yellow and black some more.
I have the S281E wing on mine not the regular S281 wing and the exhaust set up is the same as my buddies S281, also only the Supercharged S281s came with boost guages on the dash , the regular S281s never had them.

Nice car, I've always loved the mustang, esp saleen.

is it not like the displacement? Eh, not sure myself

so whats the reason behind you getting this one instead of the s281 instead?

Members online

No members online now.
Back