New Part # for mounting clip

bunk

LVC Member
Reaction score
Missing a couple of the quick release round mounting clips that hold just about every cover on under the hood. They are round clips that you push the center down flush to lock in place. If someone can give me a part number or a place to order them would be great. Checked at our local Ford dealer and the parts guy looked at me like I was retarded!!!

Thanks!

Kyle

I'm curious too. I want the real ones. Once you learn how to use them properly they are great. Of course, you have to bust at least 5 before you realize how easy they are.

Search ebay for "lincoln ls cowl". You can get 15 for 27.99 + 3.85 shipping. That is about as cheap as I have found them per piece some websites want 4.50 per clip. Then you'll also have some extras for when the next one breaks!;)

Thanks for the heads up on these guys. Much appreciated. I was able to snag a set of original shop manuals on Greed Bay for $39. So I know I will be able to get a part # in there. It will be interesting to see just how much $$$ Lincoln will want for these!

kyle

You could always check with Max @ Five Star Ford too ---------------->

He may have smaller quantities available and/or lower price!

Last edited:
I checked with a local Lincoln dealer and he didn't have any problem finding them. He also didn't have a problem quoating about $4.50ea for them. This after bringing out a plastic bag filled with about 100 of them from the back room. I can't believe they cost more than .02 cents each. What a rip. By the way I have been unable to find the correct size from the selections in autoparts stores.

I was going to offer to sell you some. I can get just about any fastener, but I saw them on ebay for very good price already. I've had this idea to start a site that sells fasteners by car and present the catalog in such a way that it's easy to get what you need but it's just another pipe dream.

I bought several from the local Ford dealer. Don't remember the cost exactly, but if they were more than a buck apiece, I would remember for sure!
KS

I have the set of 15 coming from the ebay auction. I will not be using all 15. So if I have some left I will sell the extra so if your missing some let me know.

Kyle

Thank you Dave....those clips are 2.10 each LVC and 3.50 each retail....that 28.00 plus shipping is a good price. I would have thought they would be a lot cheeper than that aftermarket.

max

They are only a good deal if they are the correct size. Like I said in an earlier post I have not been able to find the right size at any auto parts store or Lowes for that matter. All the aftermarket ones I've found are too large a diameter. Good luck.

Thanks!

Thank you Dave....those clips are 2.10 each LVC and 3.50 each retail....that 28.00 plus shipping is a good price. I would have thought they would be a lot cheeper than that aftermarket.

max

...great price Max! Thanks! I've been watching your prices on things and they're great!...expect to hear from me later in the year when I FINALLY get to my VCGs,Coils, plugs, and VC seals....and those retainer clips.

I got the clips in an they work great and look to be a direct replacement. I will try to get some pictures of the original and new clips as well as picture of the box they came in. That way others can track them down.

Kyle

I was able to buy these from Rock Auto a couple of years ago. They came in a box of 5 for cheap.

The retainers are ATP part FX-508 and they listed at $1.10 each on Rock Auto. There are 2 left in stock there. Not sure if they can get more though.

Members online

Back