New Owner of a 98 Mark VIII

Goforce5

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey, I just bought a 98 Lincoln MKVIII for $500. I really just couldn't pass it up, even though I've never owned a ford product before. I also just bought a reman steering rack because mine is absolutely dumping out fluid. Is there anything I should know about these cars before I put it on the road? It's an LSC and the original owner already swapped out the air bags for the Arnott spring conversion. I decided to join the forum because I've already come here a few times through google.

Welcome to LVC! Everyone on here will help you to their best abilities. As long as the owner has records of the things that were serviced though out the years that would be great. A couple things, the HID bulbs in the head lights are some what hard to find and replace. Might have to find second hand parts or look through the vendors on LVC. There is also a problem with the blend door actuator arm it tends to break causing an malfunction with the climate switch on dash. The dashboard has to be pulled out slightly or possibly you can access it through the glove box and taking apart other necessary components. You can go to Temple Performance, and Supercoupe Performance for parts and aftermarket speed goodies. They also sell the new actuator arm for the blend door.

The Mark VIII withstood the time. It is still an advanced car for being over 20 yrs. old. Others will chime in.

Good Luck with your car. Keep us posted.

Thanks! I have the records of everything done to the car, but I haven't looked through them yet. I do know the oil was changed every 5k on the dot with Mobil1 synthetic. I originally bought the car just to bop around in while I'm rebuilding my Toyota Cressida, but it looks like I'll be hanging on to this one too haha. I'd really like some of those Lincoln Cobra emblems I've been seeing around, but it looks like they haven't been made for a while, huh? Either way, I'm gonna enjoy the hell out of this car for a while.

Members online

No members online now.
Back