New owner of 02 ls v8, throttle sticking need help

02lsveight

LVC Member
Reaction score
I just bought my LS 2 weeks ago and love it. I romped on it a bit getting on the freeway today and the throttle stuck. The rpm was stayimg at 3000 and I had to ride the brake to keep it from accelerating. I got off at the next exit and it unstuck and I was able to resume normal driving. Any help would be appreciated in tracking down this problem, I don't want to be afraid to step on the pedal. Thanks in advance.:confused:set

Check for sticky throttle linkage. Also the pedal mounting.

I got it to do it a couple times with the car off and it feels like the throttle cable is binding up. Off the next two days so hopefully I can track it down. Maybe some graphite lube in the cable? Or is that a no no on these cars?

Chances are the throttle body is gummy. Start there. I cleaned mine out with clean towels, rather than using the cleaner, but it wasn't too badly gummed up. Solved my sticking problem.

Search this site using google (site:lincolnvscadillac.com lincoln ls throttle body), and you'll find posts with pics of it's location and how you get to it.

use "site:lincolnvscadillac.com" to search everything else you have a question on

This happened to me also. It turned out to be the plastic cover under the dash. There is a very narrow gap were the petal arm can make contact with the cover. I must have kicked it or something. Moved it back and was good to go. Hopefully your fix will be as simple as mine was.

Members online

No members online now.
Back