New Owner More Questions-

5.0LSC

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Just got my 90 Mark VII Friday(Ebay Car) and of course it has some minor problems.
First thing is the passenger door doesn't open and the power locks don't work any ideas after the fuses?
Next is the front bumper supports are rusted and the bumper is hanging down a bit. Any fix or cure for this?
So far the car runs fine and just needs the front rotors replaced and anyone know of a good deal on these as well.

Thanks for the help

Gil

Gill, the power lock issue is most likely the accuator. You can get cheap replacements and they are easy to replace. However, you claim that the door will not open; are you stating that the door will not open at all? If so this is an interesting issue and we will need more information to figure it out. As for rusted supports, you are going to want to replace them for safety. Rotors can be had at any local parts store; shop around to find the best deal. That is unless you want performance rotors, in which case you will likely need to visit www.svpu.com for their Mark VII specific upgrade.

Welcome to :V and the Midwest!

I know you can get a lot of questions answered here in this site.

We have many talented and experienced members at this site.

I would suggest meeting the Midwest members at 9:00 am at Kopper's Kitchen and then you will get to talk with some members who have Mark VII's and I know a few will give you great advice.

Hope to see you on Saturday!!

Sign up here: http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2005-2-19&e=10&c=1

Learn more about the Meet here:http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=3817

Directions here: http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=4645

The passenger door won't open at all. The power door locks don't work at all either when hitting the switch I don't get anything. The passenger door lock know was removed and I'm hoping its just jammed inside the door panel. I'm gonna try with the fuses first and go from there

Thanks for the info guys and I'm going to try to make the meet also

Gil

JoshMcMadMac said:
Gill, the power lock issue is most likely the accuator. You can get cheap replacements and they are easy to replace. However, you claim that the door will not open; are you stating that the door will not open at all? If so this is an interesting issue and we will need more information to figure it out. As for rusted supports, you are going to want to replace them for safety. Rotors can be had at any local parts store; shop around to find the best deal. That is unless you want performance rotors, in which case you will likely need to visit www.svpu.com for their Mark VII specific upgrade.

Rock on. I'm on the NW side myself. You should come to the autoshow on Saturday with all of us. Will be a badass time.

I have a 90 LSC(SE) and I can't lock the door by hand,because the door actuator is bad .It started to go and was making a loud noise while locking the door and finally it just stopped working. I had taken the actuator out and tried to lube it with anti-seize and it worked for a little while,but I just left it because it has a remote start and a anti-theft system that has to be done in sequence. Good luck.

It's an all-to-common problem! The rubber boot around the actuator cracks or rips at the accordion part, actuator gets moisture in it, and it rusts up and seizes. I had to replace the actuators on my '90 mark, my '87 mark, and they were bad on my Grand Marquis. I just disconnected them and took them out of the Grand Marquis, and now lock the front doors manually with the slider button. The back door actuators work fine..... I wonder why... I will stop right there before they go bad! I just jinxed myself :Bang

Members online

No members online now.
Back