new owner / 2000 ls

I've had the TC fault happen on two occasions, was during those real cold snaps in the mornings, (last part of 2012 winter when I first took possession of it, drove through half a winter with it) ... backing out of the driveway and restarting made it go away. Temperamental little thing, glitch in the LS matrix I guess.

...and did you ever get that snickers bar ? lmao

No, I'm still here. Just
as you are
still hitting return
for no good reason.

Anyway, steering angle sensor is the most common, but it could be yaw, module configuration, or module communications.

dont be jelly that i like to hit enter more than you do.

get you a fried snick, you'll be good.

in the meantime - the fuel pump just died on my obs ferd
powerstroke, so about to tackle that this evening. the linc
will have to wait till sunday.

got delayed on ordering some parts, but did get the upgraded center console
ordered, along with the rear power point. should get them in next week.
cant wait to have a "decent" cupholder experience.

otherwise, the car is running smooth, no mechanical issues at all. fresh suspension
still doing great. no creaks or odd noises. one electrical problem has arisen, which
is the sunroof. when i open it to vent, i have to push the button continuously
until it gets to full open vent position. if you hold the button in, it doesnt do anything.
may be just a dirty connection.

got delayed on ordering some parts, but did get the upgraded center console
ordered, along with the rear power point. should get them in next week.
cant wait to have a "decent" cupholder experience.

otherwise, the car is running smooth, no mechanical issues at all. fresh suspension
still doing great. no creaks or odd noises. one electrical problem has arisen, which
is the sunroof. when i open it to vent, i have to push the button continuously
until it gets to full open vent position. if you hold the button in, it doesnt do anything.
may be just a dirty connection.

That's how it's supposed to work. It will stop in whatever position it is when you release the switch. That allows for partial opening. Same with closing; have to hold the switch forward until it closes.

I think that he is saying that he has to push-release, push-release, over and over to get it to open, not just hold the switch up.

elephantrider,
If my guess about
what you meant to
say is correct, then
one of the switches
in your "smart Mot
or" assembly is
dirty or failed.

That's how it's supposed to work. It will stop in whatever position it is when you release the switch. That allows for partial opening. Same with closing; have to hold the switch forward until it closes.

I think he means he has to push it repeatedly to go completely open...

EDIT: Joe beat me to it...with humor.

you're saying it
move a little every
time you press the
button, or does it
not move at all
most of the times
you press it and
then all of the
sudden, one of the
times you press it
opens like normal?

parts are arriving !

10958304_10206175167121108_7238327851444932615_n.jpg

you're saying it
move a little every
time you press the
button, or does it
not move at all
most of the times
you press it and
then all of the
sudden, one of the
times you press it
opens like normal?

i'm saying that it moves a little everytime you push the button until fully open on vent. i left it cracked a few days ago, and it got a few sprinkles under the glass panel, and now it works like brand new. not sure wtf :)

i'm saying that it moves a little everytime you push the button until fully open on vent. i left it cracked a few days ago, and it got a few sprinkles under the glass panel, and now it works like brand new. not sure wtf :)

It'll do that to you off and on. I think that some of the contacts in the smart motor get dirty. Using it should help with that. If it gets bad and stays that way, you may have to take it apart and clean it.
We hardly ever use our moon roofs. Now and then either one of them won't close correctly. Instead, the motor will run past the fully closed position and start to lift the panel again. After a little bit of this, they clear up and are okay for a while.

i've always used the moon roofs. love em. never had a car this old, thought, with one, so i'm sure it will be a learning
experience, as the rest of the car has been ( a good one ). if it gets too bad, or stops working, i'll try and r&r it myself.
although i have ZERO experience with glass roof repair. i do have the fsm, so that helps :)

No more Ninja cup holders for you, looks good.

Yeah can you move that thing out of the way so we can see the shop more clearly!

+1 looks great! what I tell ya about leaving the cut springs in, nice!

no doubt about the cut springs. i've only ridden in one or two cars with cut springs
and they rode like arse - so i figured this would do the same. it actually rides very
well, glad i didnt swap em out !

Yeah, I should have just saved the money, cut the stock springs and eBay'd some Eibach stickers.

finally traced down the blinking tc light issue. turned out to be the brake booster sensor.
took us a full day to do line by line testing to get to it.

this car is crazy lmao

Members online

Back