New Michelin Tire Concept

needs a better name

The name sucks It is a good consept but what will retreding it cost, and with out a good wrinkel it the side wall you lose trachin off the line. also if your alinment is way off and don't fix it (like most people) than it will still be F#$&ed up.

wow. I had been in the tire/wheel industry when Michelin first piloted the TRX concept. it was a very common O.E. application for Ford, as well as BMW vehicles. The problem was, no other tire manufacturer could, or would produce these tires. it was basically a "metric" tire/wheel combination.

example:
Michelin TRX 220/55 R 390 was a tire size. it had special wheels, and this tire was the ONLY one that would fit.

I'll give you one guess what that did to tire pricing?

Although Michelin has pioneered many concepts in the past, their greed, and lack of exposed information(especially in todays' law-suit friendly world) will keep this "T'wheel" off the market.

Oh, and could you just IMAGINE a 2005 Navigator with 25" spinners attached to their "T-wheel" concept? It would make a curious on-looker throw up due to equilibrium mis-balance!

Bummer...that little scooterr was cool!

:I

Maybe they can build a sidewall that performs an astethic function. No sidewalls look bad.

Members online

Back