New member with a question

cdixon

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone I'm the proud new owner of an 02 V8 Sport and I have a question. I really like the exposed exhaust tips on the newer LS and I would like to do it on mine. I don't want ANY increase in sound and would like to just keep the stock system. I wasn't sure if there was a different bumper cover or what. Thanks in advance.

cdixon said:
Hey everyone I'm the proud new owner of an 02 V8 Sport and I have a question. I really like the exposed exhaust tips on the newer LS and I would like to do it on mine. I don't want ANY increase in sound and would like to just keep the stock system. I wasn't sure if there was a different bumper cover or what. Thanks in advance.

The stock tips turn down - so to get the exposed look you'll have to get a muffler shop to replace the tips to ones that point straight out. You'll have to trim the stock bumper trim for it to work. It will not look like the 03+ but close.

The next step would be to add a body kit to your car that drops the rear bumper cover and has cutouts for the exhaust. this will look more like the 03+

That's what I did before I upgraded my exhaust system.

Thanks Quik. I'm not too keen on having to trim my bumper cover so I guess I'll just keep it the way it is. Another problem. I have one small chip (maybe 1/8") on the back bumper and I'm wondering if I should try to touch it up. I have the ceramic white tri-color and I've heard horror stories about matching the paint. Any opinions?

cdixon said:
Thanks Quik. I'm not too keen on having to trim my bumper cover so I guess I'll just keep it the way it is. Another problem. I have one small chip (maybe 1/8") on the back bumper and I'm wondering if I should try to touch it up. I have the ceramic white tri-color and I've heard horror stories about matching the paint. Any opinions?

it's tough but not impossible. you'll need to sand before and after to make sure it blends and it flat - the white tends to reflect any uneven-ness a lot.

Considering the small size of the chip do you think it might just be better to leave it alone? I'm pretty handy but I don't want to make matters worse

cdixon said:
Considering the small size of the chip do you think it might just be better to leave it alone? I'm pretty handy but I don't want to make matters worse

If you're handy then you're good to try it - it won't look worse than the chip.

Thanks. I'll give it a try. Of course that's assuming the local Advance Auto has the correct color.

:W Good luck with the repair. The Tri-coat ceramic is a PITA to match. But like Quick said...won't look worse than the chip...so why not? :L

Thanks Freefaller. I just noticed a site on the web that has the base coat, midcoat, and the clear. Considering the size of the chip could I get away with just getting the Duplicolor deal or what. Maybe I'm beating a dead horse here but it pains me to have any blemish on this car. :L

Well yeah, if you do a good job you only have to be close in the color matching. The average bystander will not notice...you however will notice it...but that's cause it's your car...and any imperfection makes you wanna :Bang

Thanks eL eS. I wonder if that works. Do you know anyone who has tried it?

cdixon said:
Thanks eL eS. I wonder if that works. Do you know anyone who has tried it?

I use it on my car and love it. For chips I use it and black touch up. On scratches I use scratchX.

Members online

No members online now.
Back