*New Member* Trunk Leak, Spr charger, tires, brakes

Snarl of Disgust

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I own a 89 lincoln mark vii BB burgundy interior and exterior (not very respectable right now but im working on it) I'm just finishing replacing the rear suspension(energy suspension bushing on all the control arms, new shocks and spring replacements) and I have a few questions problems. I have a trunk leak :( I read through the forums but my problem is more interesting it is leaking from the top of the trunk, I have a new rubber seal with pvc sealent under it(the ones that the trunk closes on) and I also pvc'd the rear window modlings(took them off added new clips applied pvc and then applied the molding trim. And it is still leaking. Getting a friend and getting in the trunk does not work as the leak is coming from inside one of the small holes on the interior roof of the trunk(the bar in between the hinges) Has anyone had this problem? also supercharger fitment, who has done what successfully? additionally I am planning on putting 17x9 cobra rims on anybody have any problems with this? thanks for your help I'll have some pictures of my ride up once it's back together and washed.

:/

I didn't think I would get to many hits lol, these subject matters seem to be the more avoided due to complexity and minutness(well the leak is anyway!) this is my last day at work (internet go by by in one hour) ill try and post when i get a chance, ttyl guys.

Do you have a moonroof? If so check the tubes for blockage, there are four of them running through your interior.

The trunk leak, look around till you find where its coming from, cant be to hard.

Do a search here, on Lincolnsonline.com or FVC you wil find all your wheel questions.

Go to www.fordvschevy.com, a few of those guys run superchargers.

yeah read on that

Yeah I read about the blocked moon roof drains already :/ I kinda wish I had one

a: it would be cool

b: maybe it would be the leak!

the fordvschevy forums arent much better I searched through them for "leak" "trunk" "water" "seal" combinations much the same stuff as on here

:( x 6

Snarl of Disgust said:
I didn't think I would get to many hits lol, these subject matters seem to be the more avoided due to complexity and minutness(well the leak is anyway!) this is my last day at work (internet go by by in one hour) ill try and post when i get a chance, ttyl guys.

The epitome of patience...not even three hours pass and you are disappointed by the lack of responses. :rolleyes: Your leak is something you will have to track down, there is little that we can do to fix it without being there. There is tons of information on wheels and boost, you just need to look it up. We can definitely help, just relax and throw some more specific questions at us.

There is a body seam that is under the rear window. This seam is where the 1/4's meet the rear panel which the trunk lid hinges are attached to. Common problem with M7's.

Some auto parts stores sell auto body shop products. Seam sealer applied to that seam should do the trick. You can first try from inside the trunk, but if that does not take care of it, you will need to remove the rear window molding and apply it from above the seam.

Check the antenna too, the gasket could be worn and letting water in.

One_Way said:
There is a body seam that is under the rear window. This seam is where the 1/4's meet the rear panel which the trunk lid hinges are attached to. Common problem with M7's.

Some auto parts stores sell auto body shop products. Seam sealer applied to that seam should do the trick. You can first try from inside the trunk, but if that does not take care of it, you will need to remove the rear window molding and apply it from above the seam.

Check the antenna too, the gasket could be worn and letting water in.
Thats where mine leaks.

:/

You guys might flip out at this but I really need a dry trunk! I dont have space for all the brand new trunk lining really. I found the problem and then checked the forum today and it said the same, it looks like on the outside of the trunk seal a layer of bondo or some kind of sealent was applied poorly, water from the rear window traveled down through the vents to drain on either side of the trunk got under neath the bondo/sealer and started rusting away (which is why my clear pvc surface application didnt work)

So I tore up all the lose bondo/sealer and cleaned everything up yesterday, it will rain today (good old MI) so I will get to see if it leaks. Oh and I just finished doing a rear spring conversion and replaced all my rear upper and lower control arm bushing with energy suspension parts and also to kyb shocks(was sure to sand and rustoleum the control arms MI is rough on steel) It definetly rides a little better but is hard to tell since the front is still soft, ill get some pics when I become unemployed on the 27th(contract is up) I'm looking at doing my brakes and It looks like the only company that makes high perf brakes all around is acdelco? they sell nice pads and slotted rotors through rockauto.com 560 for new calipers/rotors/pads but i'm gonna try and get out of buying calipers. Whew! P.S. if there is somewhere I can submit a how to article on the rear bushings just let me know I have LOTS of tips.

Mystery Water in trunk's secret compartment

Mark VII - BB '86

Have water in my trunk that I am perplexed how it's getting in there. New seal on trunk. Hinges and surrounding area appear solid.

Parked car with snout up and then snout down during rain, but getting same result.

The trunk is dry. It is the secret compartment that has the removable cover, on the driver side of the car. The sides are dry, but the bottom is sopping wet.

Any ideas of how this well can fill with water while everything else remains dry?

Members online

No members online now.
Back