New Member need some suggestions

fifty-two_f1

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Okay so I have an 01 LS V6..... Manual. I am the second owner, my uncle bought it new and it was lightly wrecked on the front left so I bought it cheap and put a hood, headlight, bumper cover, and fender on it. (of course i painted it all before i put it on) Its an awesome car and I absolutely love it. Just rolled over 223,000 miles. Ive put a rack&pinion, ball joints, ignition coils, and normal stuff. The first problem I have is that I cannot keep it in alignment. All the left side has been replaced. (the whole assembly) so after i fixed it i had it lined up and it went until the rack finally broke. (about 12,000 miles) Ever since then i will have it lined up and it will take a week or two and the steering wheel will creep to the right and it will toe out. I took it to another shop and they said that the jam nuts on the tie rod ends were loose and so they lined it up. Its been on the rack 5 times. So i have lost faith in any shop to figure it out. I am very mechanically inclined and there are only so many moving parts to a front end and they should be able to figure it out, but since I do not have an alignment rack I am at their mercy. So do you guys have any ideas?

Second. Its starting to sag in the rear like the coil springs are weak. I looks like a corvette more than anything because the wheels are cocked. Handles find and does not wear unevenly, but looks goofy. I do not want lowering springs i would actually like stiffer springs, but i cannot find any.

Third, exhaust... Its got the original system and the emissions light is on. Im impressed that it lasted this long. So I can buy new cats from rock auto for 125 a piece and new mufflers for 50 each. I would like to leave the resonators out. Will this mess with the o2 sensors or screw up back pressure? (i never did understand that back pressure stuff), but i assume the system is about plugged up anyhow..

I really appreciate any comments or advice on my lincoln. I have had it for 10 months and put about 20,000 miles on it and really like it.

Members online

Back