New Member from Maryland!

ashneale23

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello! My name is Ashton Neale, I'm from Owings, Maryland. This is my 2002 Lincoln Continental. It's a base model car, but it still has the Driver Select system and original Alpine Unit. I love this car, but I'm suffering the curse of the 4.6L DOHC exhaust valve sealing issue. It's got bad exhaust valve(s) on cylinder 6 unfortunately and is not running like it should. Driving is fine except for the break-up on the low end under load, as well as the terrible idle. It needs at least the front head taken off which I'm pretty sure is an engine out job, so I'm not sure that I'll be able to mess with it anytime soon. But everything else works very well, shifts fantastic, and engine aside, is in great condition for 115K miles. Before this car, I had a 2003 Cadillac DeVille. I may be getting a 2000 Mercury Grand Marquis soon, but I'm still trying to ponder whether or not to fight it out with this Lincoln. The Merc is a 88K mile car with a like new interior and zero, and yes I mean zero rust. As in the differential cover is still shiny and has no trace of rust type clean. Problem is that it's been sitting for 5 years and needs a fuel system redo, but for $300, I can't say I got a bad deal by any means! I still miss my Cadillac some and wonder if it's worth looking at one of them again, as the DeVille didn't stay around long. I don't know what the future holds, so for now, we'll see what happens.

Hope to talk with many of you soon.

IMG_3359.jpeg

Members online

Back