new member, 95 Mark VIII

keVIIIn

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok so I've been posting on here for the last couple weeks since I joined and never got around to making an introduction for myself..and I'm bored at the moment so I figured I'd tell a bit about how I found my way here and why I joined.

Im really a chevy guy at heart being that I've grown up around corvettes my whole life thanks to my dad, but at the same time I respect many different cars from different makes (mainly domestic). I've always loved Mark VIIIs and have wanted one for some time. Ever since a friend of mine bought a 97 thunderbird back in high school i've had soft spot for the thunderbird/cougar/mark viii body style. After selling my own torreader red 97 4.6 thunderbird 3 years ago i have wanted to buy another MN12/FN10, and the opportunity arose when I totaled my 04 impala in May and needed to buy a cheap(er) vehicle, so instantly I began my search for another tbird, cougar or mark viii.

Every tbird or cougar I found seemed to have either a ton of miles on them or were in terrible shape..older people tend to take better care of their cars (ie mark viii owners). So after about a month of looking I decided on the mark viii. I looked at about 5 of them and initially I wanted a 2nd gen, but the only ones for sale around here were at dealers..and of course they wanted WAY too much for them.

Then one day I saw this 95 mark for sale by a private seller, so i checked it out, turned out to be really clean with only 70,150 on the clock. The car was owned by a woman who inherited the car after her mother's passing about 6 years ago, so the car hasn't been driven much over the last half decade, only to the store and back once a week or so according to the lady. So long story short it was a reasonable price so I ended up buying it. This was back in the beginning of June, since then I've put about 5K problem free miles on the car.

The car is all original and solid everywhere with no rust, even on the bottoms of the doors, which is nearly unheard of here in the chicago land area and the paint is still really nice for it being 16 years old. Everything works as it should, even the original air ride still works and hasn't given me any problems over the last 5 months. Only thing is for some reason one side is slightly lower than the other at all times..haven't figured out why though. Eventually I'm going to swap it out for springs and struts from american air (hopefully they have the 1.5" lowering kit in stock still).

Over the last 5 months I've replaced a couple things here and there including the trim at the bottom edge of the hood, drivers side front marker light, and both front headlights with 96 LSC HID lights with aftermarket HID kit. Also I bought a set of 96/97 thunderbird 16" sport rims to use in the winter which will be getting painted black with the polished lip. Eventually I would like to tint the windows and get a true dual exhaust bent up for it with some magnaflow mufflers out back. But that will come with time..which I can't seem to find enough of with my 3 jobs currently.

So anyways here's some pictures for those of you who haven't seen the couple posts i've made with pics of my car.

taken the moment I got it into my driveway after buying it
IMAG0299copy.jpg

cleaned up, buffed, waxed
IMAG0305copy.jpg

IMAG0302copy.jpg

no more pinstripe
IMAG0318.jpg

IMAG0313copy.jpg

IMAG0327copy.jpg

IMAG0329copy.jpg

IMAG0384.jpg

IMAG0449.jpg

IMAG0592.jpg

IMAG0590.jpg

IMAG0355.jpg

with the new 2012 GT 5.0 (the most amount of fords EVER in my driveway at one time)
IMAG0575.jpg

old halogen housings and bulbs
IMAG0745.jpg

new HID housings and aftermarket HID bulbs
IMAG0751.jpg

IMAG0758.jpg

IMAG0763.jpg

IMAG0764.jpg

IMAG0766.jpg

fillin' up on that 93..it hurts looking at that pump afterward...
IMAG0774.jpg

I'm in love with the car. You are very quick my friend. Most of us don't get our hands on LSC headlamps for months or even years after we purchase our Mark. You have a gem there!

Thanks! Ya I acted fast on the lights, in fact I have 2 more sets sitting at home one of which are 96 hids but they're hacked up and I got them for cheap..but I'm already starting to stock pile hard to find parts and I've only had the car for 5 months lol...if there's a mark at the junk yard ill try and grab front end parts and interior stuff if its in good shape just to have as replacements

hey thanks, anyone know of any mark viii gatherings in the chicagoland area?

Nice lookin mark. Those lights make the marks look so much better.

Welcome aboard!

Beautiful mark. Love the corvette and mustang too.

Thanks man, ya the corvette is my dads which he's owned since 73 and the stang was just bought as a DD (minus in the snow) a couple months ago...incredible how quick it is even for it being a daily driver with 3:31 gears.

Beautiful car. NIce color. Don't see that one very much. What color is it? Welcome to LVC.

Beautiful car. NIce color. Don't see that one very much. What color is it? Welcome to LVC.

"medium willow green" is the color, and yeah i've never seen another one in person despite it being the 4th most popular color out of the 15 choices for 1995..

Members online

No members online now.
Back