New MarkVIII Owner

tacklebox

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm now a proud owner of the coolest car on the road. Its a 96 LSC with 83k miles on it. Silver with khaki interior. Everything works, all the electronics, the CD changer, etc. (knock on wood). Clean carfax, runs smooth, no scratches, dents or rust, interior looks new, etc. Your classic church on sunday driven car. So I'm pretty excited. Glad I found this forum, helped me fix the door ajar problem, only thing that was broke.

Couple questions if I may.

1. Do I have to do anything special with the air ride before or after to drive the car up on ramps to change the oil?

2. The cobrastar logos I seen on here are awesome. Is it a look thing, or a certain year or engine mod? I'd hate to put them on my car if I'm not supposed too.

3. I seen a couple references to a links page, I cant seem to find it.

Thanks

You need to switch the air ride off only when jacking the car. Driving it up on ramps wont make a difference. To repair the door ajar problem, spray very generously with WD40 into the latch assy in an upward direction. It may take a few applications to get it loose.

1. I'm not sure about the ramps but to be safe I would shut it off. There is a switch in the trunk behind a pannel

2. The cobrastar is just something that LMS came up with, you can put it on any lincoln

3. I'm not sure, there is a sponsor bar on the right ----->

Welcome to LVC, Definatley shut the air ride switch off, I learned the hard way.

Yeah don't lift the car without turning the air ride off... but you should be able to drive it up things...

the cobra star emblems are cause Mustang Cobras share the same engine as us... we had it first... but yeah it's just a badge... they look pretty neat though huh?

and the Wd-40 thing on the door ajar works... but only temporarily... so expect to have to do it over... and over... and over again periodically

oh yeah and welcome :)... I'm not a veteran on here but it's a good place to find help... I"ve fixed almost everything on my car with these guy's help!

Thanks. I'm sure I'll have alot more questions. I've seen a few other people are from WI here. Hopefully, I'm not the only one driving it in the snow. And the cobrastar emblems are really cool, I cant wait for them to be available. I also have a 79 mustang cobra, which doesnt have half as cool of an emblem.

yeah, lol. 2.4 hamsters and a turbo.

OHHHHHHHH okay... that was a respectable little car in it's day!

I don't keep track of what they had in what years very well... for some reason I was thinking that was the one which has the small V8 (what was it, like 210 Cubic Inch??? Throwing down 105HP or something?)

opps... 256cu in. and 120 HP.... I just looked it up. Basically a debored 302.

You had what, 132HP from the factory? But from what I understand those little 2.3's had some potential in the HP/Cu In department.

That little 255 cid was a really impressive motor from a technology standpoint.

If my feeble memory serves me correctly and it may very well NOT.
The 255 weighed either 45 or 75lbs less than the previous 5.0 based engine.

They used a hollow journal crankshaft which wasn't STONG but it was LIGHT where it mattered, which really helped the engine "R".

It also had an interesting pontiac style intake manifold
(lot of weight lost there)
had a valley pan with a void between the valley and the bottom of the intake {no hot oil splashing on the bottom of my intake please!)

While it's stock output could only be described as meager at best.

My buddy put ONLY a set of heads and a cam in one and it turned his 16 second turd into a 14.20 car, turning 7ish thousand RPM's..
The motor would rev like nothing I had seen before {at the time)

overall it was a pretty impressive deal, unless you only look at "pure output figures".

The wheel and tire combo on the 79-82's was a PITA but was interesting as well!

Welcome to LVC. The people here have 3 tons of experience, so questions are always answered. Its just sometimes opinions, procedures, and advice vary. Take it with a grain of salt. One thing though, most questions you need answers for have probably been addressed already, so play with the search function and you may just help yourself.

Enjoy your Mark. Post some pics when you have time. We all like to see what everybody else has.

We love to see pics of 96 LSC's. At least i do. :)

IMHO the 96 LCS have the best of both worlds {first gen and second gen)
First gen agressive look
HIDS
OBDII

with a 96LSC you can have your cake and eat it too!
...wish I would have gotten one.

I've been meaning to take some pics, but since I got it, its been either snowing or dark when I've had time. Handled better than I expected in the snow this morning. Accelerating is an adventure, but its pretty stable turning and stopping.

Any final OMG, stop!, thoughts on switching to Mercon V tranny fluid before I flush it this weekend?

Welcome! I think you are really close to me--I am in La Crosse, WI. I have a Gen 1, and LOVE IT! Get pics on here, so we can see your ride!

I've seen a few other people are from WI here. Hopefully, I'm not the only one driving it in the snow. .

Welcome to the forum. No you are not the only one having to drive (or should I say slide) through the snow. Its been pretty bad in Chicago so imagine the worst snow day you've ever seen plus 100x the traffic.....

Members online

No members online now.
Back