New MarkVIII owner needs headlight help

Pete Donohue

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello. I just bought a Mark VIII, and although its beautiful I am barely fitting in the car due to failed driver's power seat but my primary problem is no right side low beam. I've heard that I need to convert the original HID to a conventional bulb and need a kit to do so. Looking for some Mark VIII wisdom here, as the internet offers many options but I don't know for sure what I need. Thanks in advance. Looking forward to some safe night cruising.

Welcome to LVC! You'll love it here. There are a lot of knowledgeable people on here to help you.

Sounds like you might "possibly" need a drivers seat control module. They can be found on Ebay and on a couple other places too.

Ebay: Lincoln mark viii driver seat control module | eBay

Here is a list I have put together for Lincoln parts on LVC : Here are websites for Lincoln parts and supplier info

Here are a couple places to look for the headlight kits along with searching Ebay. Temple Performance and Super Coupe Performance can help you out. Give them a call to see.

Home

Super Coupe Performance Parts

You can also become a member of Lincoln and Continental Owners Club LCOC, they also carry parts in their advertisements. For $48.00 a yr. you get a magazine, car show events, meet and greets, and a lot of knowledge. The best perk you get Ford X-Plan discount when you buy or lease any new Ford or Lincoln, the more popular the model the more money you save! Members can save anywhere from $700.00 to $7,000.00 depending on the other times of year.

Information about the club is here: Home - Lincoln & Continental Owners Club

Hope this helps you out, at least it gives you an idea and some what of a lead.

Keep us posted!

Welcome to LVC! You'll love it here. There are a lot of knowledgeable people on here to help you.

Sounds like you might "possibly" need a drivers seat control module. They can be found on Ebay and on a couple other places too.

Here is a list I have put together for Lincoln parts on LVC : Here are websites for Lincoln parts and supplier info

Here are a couple places to look for the headlight kits along with searching Ebay. Temple Performance and Super Coupe Performance can help you out. Give them a call to see.

Home

You can also become a member of Lincoln and Continental Owners Club LCOC, they also carry parts in their advertisements. For $48.00 a yr. you get a magazine, car show events, meet and greets, and a lot of knowledge. The best perk you get Ford X-Plan discount when you buy or lease any new Ford or Lincoln, the more popular the model the more money you save! Members can save anywhere from $700.00 to $7,000.00 depending on the other times of year.

Keep us posted!

Home

Keep us posted!

Thanks for the reply. No luck so far. Both Bill at Supercoupe and John at Temple Performance have no headlight products like I am seeking.

This could possibly help you out. Found this on Youtube:

This video shows the problem that you are having and explains:

Found a site called MoriMoto they sell kits, and HID's for Mark VIII's :1995 Lincoln Mark VIII (HID Equipped) HID & LED Headlight Kits & Upgrades
They show 1993-98 Mark VIII's in the drop down menu. They offer new HID bulbs and such.

Another video for you:

I hope this info can help you. I know your aggravation. Something should come up soon. In the Mark VIII section on LVC if you searched for this problem I know someone who is better equipped to help you through this should be able to help.

Hello. I just bought a Mark VIII, and although its beautiful I am barely fitting in the car due to failed driver's power seat but my primary problem is no right side low beam. I've heard that I need to convert the original HID to a conventional bulb and need a kit to do so. Looking for some Mark VIII wisdom here, as the internet offers many options but I don't know for sure what I need. Thanks in advance. Looking forward to some safe night cruising.[/QU
Hello. I just bought a Mark VIII, and although its beautiful I am barely fitting in the car due to failed driver's power seat but my primary problem is no right side low beam. I've heard that I need to convert the original HID to a conventional bulb and need a kit to do so. Looking for some Mark VIII wisdom here, as the internet offers many options but I don't know for sure what I need. Thanks in advance. Looking forward to some safe night cruising.
you can also buy used bulbs on ebay or you can also buy a new conversion kit that is plug in play right from a member here:
HID kit and installation instructions

This could possibly help you out. Found this on Youtube:

This video shows the problem that you are having and explains:

Found a site called MoriMoto they sell kits, and HID's for Mark VIII's :1995 Lincoln Mark VIII (HID Equipped) HID & LED Headlight Kits & Upgrades
They show 1993-98 Mark VIII's in the drop down menu. They offer new HID bulbs and such.

Another video for you:

I hope this info can help you. I know your aggravation. Something should come up soon. In the Mark VIII section on LVC if you searched for this problem I know someone who is better equipped to help you through this should be able to help.

Thanks again Svets 96. The first of the 3 videos mentions an easy fix to Jeff's headlight problem ( Jeff is the Lincoln owner referenced in the 1st video). The author of video 1 directs us to Morimoto 6000K 35 w HID kit, but that company offers NO low beam headlight solution. When you search 07 mark VIII on their sight they can sell you just about every other bulb for the car. Video 2 says he bought a kit that failed him, but never states that he found a repair option for his low beams. He states that "no one had a solution for the low beam problem". The 3rd video shows the guy basically re manufacturing to an extent that I think I'm not able to do. You can buy a used bulb on the web for $100, which seems to be the only option.

Thought the Morimoto would help. Damn, this is a problem. I'll try to keep searching myself, with a more defined approach.

Members online

No members online now.
Back