New lug nut info

LSC_YA

LVC Member
Reaction score
They look chrome plated just like the factory nuts. Get back to us on the fitment and quality please. I think you have made a good find!!!

lugs

Thought I'd share since I experienced some lug problems in the past. My good friend runs a performance/parts store and he can get the Sebring Lugs for $1.90 each it comes out to $38 even plus shipping. If you are interested call them up and order some. I forget the part number but they'll know what you're talking about.
www.jnztuning.com located in Hatfield PA

Yea, They are just like the factory nuts. Fit fine , I thought even being like factory lugs they are worth .99 You can afford to replace every 2 or 3 years if you still have the car. You can get a set for 20.00 instead of spending 60 - 80 bucks for the other. Although gray1g post on the Sebring lugs at 1.90 maybe a better deal in the long run. Hope this helps...later

crap you can't buy online and none in ohio. Will you pick me up 20 if I paypal the money + shipping?

I couldnt buy online either. Just call a local store and give them part number and they will order. I called tues. morning and had them order and picked them up this morning (web site says 24 hours for store to get when ordered). Let me know how it goes and we can go from there...later

yeah my problem is I live in ohio and this store doesn't exist here.

lugs

Trust me give JNZ a call and they'll hook you up!

I tried the Sebring Lug Nuts

I tried the Sebring Lug Nuts and found that they are a little bit narrower than the oem and do not seat into the rotor properly consequently they wallow out the wheel lug holes----definitely not good! I changed back to the original lugs until I can find the solid ones.:mad:

bulkmale said:
I tried the Sebring Lug Nuts and found that they are a little bit narrower than the oem and do not seat into the rotor properly consequently they wallow out the wheel lug holes----definitely not good! I changed back to the original lugs until I can find the solid ones.:mad:

Really?? I have used them successfully for the last 4 years. Did you get the correct Sebring lug nuts? There are two part numbers. The Part number is MB579290 and you can get them at your local Chrysler shop for under $5 each. Order the ones for build dates after 4/1/97.

I bought a set of locks from MCgard, the slined outer style for my LS. They are listed under a toyota truck part number, and come with uncaptured, but matching washers.

They are slightly more fiddly to get started than the oem lugs but they have lasted fairly well and are still good looking

If you are interested, I'll look the Part # up again.

Sebring Lug Nuts for LS

LS4me said:
Really?? I have used them successfully for the last 4 years. Did you get the correct Sebring lug nuts? There are two part numbers. The Part number is MB579290 and you can get them at your local Chrysler shop for under $5 each. Order the ones for build dates after 4/1/97.
I purchased the same lug nuts by the number given. I did use a spacer washer as the lugs are just a little longer than the Oems. Had the tires balanced and rotated and the fronts started vibrating. That is when I discovered the problem.

maybe you shouldn't have used the spacer washer?

what spacer washer is this,

the factory lug nuts have captured washers to spread the clamping load over a larger area than the nut and every replacement I have seen for the LS has one also.

I guess maybe I took on to many hits in the head today at Karate class.
-Or-
Am I missing something in the previous posts.

Sebring Lug Nuts for LS

Someone in another forum advised that I should use an extra washer as the Sebring nuts were longer than the OEM's so that is what I did. Wrong move as the lugs would not seat onto the rotor thus wheel movement. I took the extra washer off of the Sebring Nut on two lugs and have noticed that the Lug will seat into the rotor like it should. Believe that is the answer. Anyone have any other ideas?

The Pt# MB579290 is the right lug and works just fine. I have had a set of these on the LS now since August. Beats the crap out of the OEM's

gray1g said:
Thought I'd share since I experienced some lug problems in the past. My good friend runs a performance/parts store and he can get the Sebring Lugs for $1.90 each it comes out to $38 even plus shipping. If you are interested call them up and order some. I forget the part number but they'll know what you're talking about.
www.jnztuning.com located in Hatfield PA

gray1g......The contact info on their website, will this get me to who I need to talk with about these lugs?

Potential OEM replacement

I too had to cut the covering from the original lugs to get a wrench on. A small sharp cold chisel makes short work of removing the soft cover revealing a good steel bolt.

Somebody suggested Summit Racing's SUM-754001B as a replacement. They do not fit the 2000 LS -- I suspect they may not fit 2001 either even though Summit claims they will. The SUM-754001B part is simply an acorn nut with a tapered seat. It does not have the original lug's captive washer or the length below the shoulder to accommodate a washer.

In my travels I came across http://www.ezaccessory.com which seems to deal solely with lug nuts and wheel spacing adapters. I gave them a call figuring that if they were that specialized they'd have a solution. They suggested their model ECA1 that weighs in at $1.95 (9/08) each. So I'm giving it a shot.

Found Replacement Lug Nuts, But...

In my travels I came across http://www.ezaccessory.com which seems to deal solely with lug nuts and wheel spacing adapters. I gave them a call figuring that if they were that specialized they'd have a solution. They suggested their model ECA1 that weighs in at $1.95 (9/08) each. So I'm giving it a shot.

Well, the calipers say the ezaccessory nuts are identical and they pass the ol' eyeball test. The nut to wrench fit is just as wonky as the originals. So I have to conclude that these are indeed the same as the original lug nuts.

That said, I'd like to have five minutes in a dark alley with the clown who came up with the idea of wrapping a lug nut in soft sheet metal. Considering how many similar acorn nuts are made out of solid metal and how inexpensive chrome plating is, it's hard to imagine what possessed Lincoln to wrap a steel nut in softer metal.

The metal wrap needs to be quite malleable so it can be die formed over the nut. As a consequence of stretching the metal over the nut, corners are rounded and there is a noticeable taper to the flats. A wrench will not seat cleanly on the nuts as a result. Sure, there's no problem cranking the nuts down using an impact tool after a dab of Never-Seize; but, consider what can happen when a slight woman has only the Lincoln supplied "L" handle wrench and a road-side flat.

At 200 pounds and above average upper body strength I tried it with the supplied "L" wrench. No way, the nut simply rounded as the wrap extruded in the ill-fitting wrench. Even accurately broached six point (forget 12 point sockets) on the impact wrench have a good chance of simply rounding the corners. [Yeah, I went through 19mm, 20mm and 21mm Matco sockets to find the best fit first.]

I'd wound the nuts on at 85 foot pounds after a dollop of Never-Seize in the threads & taper. Stiction after less than a hot summer's week on the car required around 600 foot pounds (static torque) to break the nut loose.

Has anybody found a solid metal lug nut that fits the 2000 LS properly?

Members online

No members online now.
Back