New LS Owner w/ Questions

KevinACrider

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a black 03 V8 last week and I've gathered a few questions. I did a quick search in the forum and came up empty.

1. I'm a little shocked that the CD player (w/ Nav) does not play MP3's. It's a long shot but maybe I'm just overlooking something?

2. I noticed the navigation runs on DVD ROM, if one were to burn a movie in DVD ROM format and not DVD Video, what is the most probable outcome?

3. Just for my own interest, does anyone have any pictures of a black LS with black rims and polished lip, 20" if possible.

Other than that, love the car, never even planned on buying one. I just drove by the lot, they had a sale and I spotted her across the lot. Black/Black with pretty much every single option available, I knew I had to have her.

Congrats on your purchase. The LS is a great car.

On the first question, I don't believe the audio systems in the LS can play MP3 files. Only commercial CDs are recommended.

On the second question, I do not believe anyone has been successful playing movies through the Nav DVD system, although you can certainly try and see what happens.

Someone else can answer your third question -- my car is white (the BEST color IMHO!)

Good luck with your new ride!

machine finish lip

PICT0100 (WinCE).JPG

PICT0101 (Medium) (Small).JPG

KevinACrider said:
2. I noticed the navigation runs on DVD ROM, if one were to burn a movie in DVD ROM format and not DVD Video, what is the most probable outcome?

There is some switch gear you can buy to watch DVDs on the factory nav screen but not through the nav dvd rom in the trunk. I've seen prices from $250 to $550 depending on what you want to watch (just DVDs or TV also?). Anyway it might be cheaper to get a good used laptop with a DVD player :D

ToddG said:
On the second question, I do not believe anyone has been successful playing movies through the Nav DVD system, although you can certainly try and see what happens.

Tried it when I first got my car and you get a invalid system disk display on the screen. Or something to that nature.

Hes some pics of my 00 ls with 20" megas. I recommend black rims. you dont see much, well a year ago you didnt see any and now theyre more common. People wanna be like me, haha.

12.jpg

13.jpg

I don't have polished lips, but it's close.
IMG_0407 copy.JPG
Check my link to Cardomain.

IMG_0407 copy.JPG

Thanks guys, I'm completely sold on the black rims now. Well if I can't play movies, is there at least some way to get an updated nav DVD? When I drive all my local roads it knows the name on the screen but it won't show up on the map and it doesn't recognize address's.

Members online

No members online now.
Back