New LS Owner, After Market Stereo Install Support Needed Please

caughron01

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello All,
I just purchased a 2005 Lincoln LS "Luxary Package <---- I think" I am trying to install an aftermarket double din and I am having an issue with which wire harness I need. I am finding several different types online and I am usually pretty stereo install smart but on this car I am totally stumped I am posting pictures below of my stereo and wires that I have. Any and all support is greatly appreciated. Thanks. JC

I think I have only 4 speakers 2 in front doors and 2 in rear doors, and I am not sure if the car has a built in amp.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Have you tried going to your local car audio shop to purchase a wire harness for your year

I have not physically gone in but spoke with a few over the phone and then actually ordered one from an online wire harness retailer and he sent me the wrong one. I have gone over the details from the harness to the back of the radio and they are clueless on what I need. I just want to get a definitive answer from someone who has the same setup to know what I am looking for.

Try the Metra website @metraonline.com, I think your harness might be the 70-5521. Just based off of your pics of course:D I myself bought from there for my 01 LS

I think I have only 4 speakers 2 in front doors and 2 in rear doors, and I am not sure if the car has a built in amp.

AFAIK, the LS only came in three different flavors as far as speakers go.

The eight speaker system - what you probably have. (two in each door)

The ten speaker THX system - Only came with factory navigation

The twelve speaker system.

IIRC, one of your harnesses is coming from your steering wheel controls, so you wont need a harness adapter for that...

AFAIK, the LS only came in three different flavors as far as speakers go.

The eight speaker system - what you probably have. (two in each door)

The ten speaker THX system - Only came with factory navigation

The twelve speaker system.

I just noticed that you have the sub/center channel connector (the eight pin one). You might want to check your rear deck to see if you have subs. Also, do you have grills in sides of the front console.

I missed one of the options above I think, the ten speaker non-THX configuration.

I just noticed that you have the sub/center channel connector (the eight pin one). You might want to check your rear deck to see if you have subs. Also, do you have grills in sides of the front console.

I missed one of the options above I think, the ten speaker non-THX configuration.

I checked the rear deck it just has blanks in it no speakers. As far as the front console, do you mean on the side of the dash where the door closes where fuse boxes are in some vehicles?

Thanks for all the support I really appreciate.

no, on the sides of the center console, under the shifter sorta... where your knee would hit... usually a rounded triangle shape

Don't forget the six speaker system. My 01 Sport had 6X8 in the doors and the two tweeters in the console if you count them in the total system.

Don't forget the six speaker system. My 01 Sport had 6X8 in the doors and the two tweeters in the console.

I didnt see any speaker grills near the console area, but I did notice in my trunk area where the gas pull lever is behind the carpet there is a metal box monted back there if I had to guess I would say it looks like a small amp but I am not for sure its pretty hidden in there and bolted down. Or is that just part of the car computer?

ok, no there were no speakers there.

Okay, I guess the harness is there anyway. You have the eight speaker system, if you are asked for the conversion harness. (I would agree that it's really four component speakers, but officially it's eight for marketing purposes.)

The eight speaker connections will come from the big connector (four positive and four negative), as well as power, ground, and switched power. You won't need the eight pin connector at all.

Please note that the delayed radio turn off is a feature of the factory headunit, and you will lose that when you go aftermarket. You can get it back by running a wire from the RAP signal that goes to the windows and using that instead of the switched power signal on the big connector.
Also, dimming is a feature of the factory headunit. You'll have to tap into the ashtray bulb signal to dim the aftermarket unit.

lol they cant make it easy can they haha, what do you think about the metal box in the trunk passenger side behind fuel pull lever?

Don't forget the six speaker system. My 01 Sport had 6X8 in the doors and the two tweeters in the console if you count them in the total system.

You don't have subs? If so, then that's another variant of the ten speaker system.

Two in each door X four doors = eight plus two in the center console = ten.

lol they cant make it easy can they haha, what do you think about the metal box in the trunk passenger side behind fuel pull lever?

It's the REM. (Rear electronics module) It controls the fuel pump, tail lights, rear turn signals, brake lights, rear defroster, rear windows, all locks except the driver's, various car power feeds, trunk release, trunk alarm, ...

If you had subs, the amp for them would be under the rear deck. If you had THX, there would also be a four channel amp on the driver's side of the trunk side wall.

It's the REM. (Rear electronics module) It controls the fuel pump, tail lights, rear turn signals, brake lights, rear defroster, rear windows, all locks except the driver's, various car power feeds, trunk release, trunk alarm, ...

If you had subs, the amp for them would be under the rear deck. If you had THX, there would also be a four channel amp on the driver's side of the trunk side wall.

Hey good to know, thank you very much so I must just have the basic. I really appreciate the help.

I was kinda just reading around the forums and I hear people mention gen 1 and gen 2 of our cars what's the difference?

You don't have subs? If so, then that's another variant of the ten speaker system.

Two in each door X four doors = eight plus two in the center console = ten.

Nope no subs. Didn't have the component set up in the doors like the second generation have. Just straight 6x8 cone speakers and the two tweeters making it a total of six altogether.

Hey good to know, thank you very much so I must just have the basic. I really appreciate the help.

I was kinda just reading around the forums and I hear people mention gen 1 and gen 2 of our cars what's the difference?[/QUOTE]

Do a search for the orginal LS owners thread and it will give you a wealth of information that you need about the two generations.

I was kinda just reading around the forums and I hear people mention gen 1 and gen 2 of our cars what's the difference?[/QUOTE]

Do a search for the orginal LS owners thread and it will give you a wealth of information that you need about the two generations.

ok thanks

Nope no subs. Didn't have the component set up in the doors like the second generation have. Just straight 6x8 cone speakers and the two tweeters making it a total of six altogether.

Sorry, I forgot. Most of my info is gen II.

Those were actually 5X7 two-way paper cone speakers. The subs were eliminated in 2001 to save a little weight. Every pound counts when you're trying to avoid the gas-guzzler tax!

in my 2000 v8s, attached to the rear deck was a huge (what i assumed) was a factory sub box. thing was massive... The harness matched up with the factory harness to my 02 factory amp... I didn't use it if anyones interested... not sure exactly what it was used for...

What condition are the speakers in?

I just finished (last night actually) installing the Alpine rear sub assembly into my non-alpine car...

But couldnt find any OEM speakers locally.

Had to go out and pick up a set of cheap 6x9's

Members online

No members online now.
Back