New Lincoln Mark VIII Owner!

sandsz

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello people! My name is Adam and I'm a 27 year old proud owner of my first Lincoln.... Black '95 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC!

I started walking around it and a sense of de-ja vu came over me... the car reminded me of my '88 Thunderbird !!! Strange huh? When I looked up the history it all made sense though.

Anyways I love the thing but it needs work :( $750 doesn't buy much Lincoln, but at least everything works and it runs smoooottthhh. Rebuilt tranny, replaced air bags but the owner smoked :( Currently I need a driver's side seat rack (goes very slow forward and backward), a break booster and I'm pretty sure a right rear strut mount. Seats and carpet reupholstered, headliner redone and finally a PAINT JOB !

Other then that I'm good to go! This thing is a beast, I love it!

I'm too embarrassed of how it looks now but after I do some work on it I'll make sure to take some pictures.

Btw I'm coming from a '88 race MR2 (20V silvertop swap, rollcage, suspension, etc etc etc blah blah fast), I weld, done plenty of motor swaps, and am looking to take up painting so I'm pretty handy. :eek: :cool:

Awesome I am sure you will end up doing some awesome stuff with the LSC. Keep us updated.

Congrats... I'm sure you will learn to love the car. You also found the right place to make sure you keep on loving the car.

Mark VIII's are great cars but due to their age can come with some headaches. But with the support of LvC the headaches can be cured cheaply.

I have 3 Mark VII's and love them ... I have a hard time thinking of another car that I'd like to have. (well with in reason... I'm sure I would turn down a Ford GT).

Welcome to the club !

I'm too embarrassed of how it looks now but after I do some work on it I'll make sure to take some pictures.

Dont be embarrassed most Mark owners have seen it all post some pictures it will make a good before and after ! :cool:

Btw I'm coming from a '88 race MR2 (20V silvertop swap, rollcage, suspension, etc etc etc blah blah fast), I weld, done plenty of motor swaps, and am looking to take up painting so I'm pretty handy. :eek: :cool:

welcome to LVC, everything you need is here, maybe even another 88 MR2 owner :D mines just a stock OPM s/c that needs paint BAD!!

our opm 12.jpg

Good move

I have had 5 Marks, 84,88,93,95,98 the 98 we still have and it is prestine. We store it for the winter but getting up there 125K, nothing major yet, mostly ball joints, we also have a 96 Eldorado for a winter car, and it still has its orginal ball joints, although it isn't half the car the Mark it. Our 95 was a great car but I must say I sure like the new headlights in the 97-98, we are getting old, at 27 your probably safe. This spring I put a new windshield it was badly pitted and a couple of head light assemblies, that things are expensive. I use to work for the local Ford dealer and still have friends over there so I was able to pick up pair for less than they were going used on Ebay. Every spring I do a little something to keep it nice. The paint is holding up remarkable well, it is the laser Red and still look close to new, in fact the whole car looks, drives and rides like new. I think we can get another 10 years maybe more we put on about 10k a year and then it wrapped up for the winter. It will out live me, may the wife will have it rebuilt, she wouldn't want my baby junked. Mine is stock but stacked, came with the nice 5 spoke chrome but they are crap although they looked great but leaked so I picked up a set of the regular wheels for cheap on ebay, off a 93 but they are pefect.

I know you will enjoy your car and definetly worth putting a little money into. I don't know where you live but this isn't a great car in the snow, weight ratio is all wrong. Pick up a cheap winter car and work on it til spring.

congats on your ride just watch for 2 gear in the rain or even in the dry sideways is always fun

Members online

Back