New light duty bumper.

Frogman

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I promise to nicer if you promise to be smarter.
Actually, it's a Heavy Duty bumper when impacting deer and elk. But if a moose or Buffalo gets in my way... it will be a "light duty" bumper.

Had this installed while I was gone.

Still waiting for the HID conversion light bulbs for the lower fog lights. I will probably not install a winch in the bumper simply because I don't usually drive it in the winter time. Nothing more fun than dualies (is that a word?) on ice. A tow rope is plenty for pulling out the occasional driver. Then again, I might get a wild hair up my arse and install a PTO winch when I convert to a 5.9 Cummins ISB and allison 9 speed. ~shrug~

Went from this:

20100130_001.png

To this:

IMAG0120.jpg

The cool thing?

This is the ONLY bumper in the country that looks like that. The manufacturer worked close with "my people" to custom cut the fog light cans to the shape they are instead of the generic 4" round cans you see on other bumpers.

And no, it's not a Road Armor bumper.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see your pics loading

tried to enter the URLs of the pictures directly into my browser, got this

Forbidden
Your client does not have permission to get URL /_W-iA5wPDMFs/S5nc0Z43nhI/AAAAAAAABz4/cAJwS_3_sG0/s800/20100130_001.jpg from this server. (Client IP address: 24.111.78.215)

Forbidden

Looks great! - I like the 'ovals' for the fogs...
You need to figure out some way to cover up the license plate junk -

Thanks.

As far as covering up the winch hole... eh. Might install a nice custom made high intensity set of LED lights in there.

As of now though, I'm not too concerned about how it looks.

Maybe I'll stick a midget in there with a sign that says "Get the EFF out of the way, jackass!"

Thats nice! let me know if you ever head to the lower Kentucky/ upper Tennessee area! Yes, I moved again!

I know you did, M.

Still going to the place we talked about, next month?

Don't know, It's up in the air, I am pushing to go, I love tax free money. They are slotted for the same place in 2012, so I will get my chance! O' yeah, I may be getting married again! She already pregnant.

We actually do have roaming buffalo around here.

The largest Buffalo ranch in the country is only 50 miles from me.

we got a ranch here and there but none free roaming i got stuck in a buffalo traffic jam in yellowstone years ago, i wouldnt want to hit one in anything smaller than a tank

Badass man. A bunch of guys on my Xterra forum have either ARB, Shrockworks, or Iron Bull steel bumpers. They are pretty damn heavy. Did you notice your front end sagging at all after install? I tossed the idea around a little bit but I like the way the stock bumper looks, and I'm not doing a bull guard.

Edit: If you're looking for some lighting options, I saw these today and though it was a pretty cool idea. They're magnetized and stick to the bumper really well. http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=31870

Thanks, K.

Nope, the front end isn't sagging. Then again, it is mounted on an F450, not a 150. ;)

Bumper weighs in right at 210 LBS as it sits. Shipped weight was about 170lbs, but the guys that installed it for me welded some extra 1/4" plating in key areas where they felt, from their experience, the bumper could use a little extra reinforcement. 40 extra lbs of steel worth of "little", but who am I to argue with someone who does this for a living, ya' know?

That's a hell of a bumper at 200+lbs. I think the ones we're running are around 120lbs. They sure as hell do their job though, I can't imagine what you could take on. Also, with those shackles, you might want to scuff them up and spray them with bedliner to match the new bumper. I was actually considering doing this to the wheels on my truck but I think I'm going the gloss-black route.

45mph impact, barely any damage to the bumper.
Xterra.jpg

So is that just painted or did you have it coated with line-x or something of that type?

Also, with those shackles, you might want to scuff them up and spray them with bedliner to match the new bumper. ]

Eh. I usually go for functionality, not bling. First time I use those shackles after painting/powdercoating them, they will be scuffed.

So is that just painted or did you have it coated with line-x or something of that type?

I stole LaserSVT's black crayons and colored it. He won't miss them, he doesn't like the taste of the black crayons :D

Powdercoated.

Members online

Back