Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 260

CPU: Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz

Motherboard: MSI X58 Eclipse SLI LGA 1366

Ram: 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel

CPU cooler: ZALMAN CNPS 9300AT SuperFlo

Hard drives: 2 1TB samsung HD's

Keyboard: saitek Cyborg keyboard

Mouse: Logitech G9 gaming mouse

The keyboard is backlit red to match the red led's on the case which looks like an evil cylon!!!

I have had the case and video card since august. Just got the other stuff today and am gonna install it tonight!!

What do you guys think?

Case: Coolermaster Cosmos S

Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 260

CPU: Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz

Motherboard: MSI X58 Eclipse SLI LGA 1366

Ram: 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel

CPU cooler: ZALMAN CNPS 9300AT SuperFlo

Hard drives: 2 1TB samsung HD's

Keyboard: saitek Cyborg keyboard

Mouse: Logitech G9 gaming mouse

The keyboard is backlit red to match the red led's on the case which looks like an evil cylon!!!

I have had the case and video card since august. Just got the other stuff today and am gonna install it tonight!!

What do you guys think?

Well first whats the cost on these components so far that you have found.

Looks nice, let me know how that processor holds up in gaming, my mom's got it in her computer.

Well first whats the cost on these components so far that you have found.

don't know the total cost. Got the case and graphics cardin early august. Got the rest just recently. everything but the graphics card and case came in the mail today. Just installed them and am currently re-installing vista.

Very nice, Shag.

Which games do you play?

On PC? Left 4 Dead, Bioshock, Company of Heros, Sins of a Solar Empire, Portal, Half-Life 2, Team Fortress 2, etc...

Also have a 360 with a few games on it...

It's a nice PC no doubt, but you spent way to much money.

By the looks of it, everything came to roughly $1,800.

6 gigs of ram is an overkill.

You spent $350 on just the mobo, you could have gotten a socket 775 mobo and saved 200 bucks, and gone with a core 2 quad or core 2 duo CPU and saved a hundred bucks there.

If you are spending so much money on a SLI mobo, you should have at least be using it.

Two 1TB HD's was an overkill as well lol. 1 would suffice.

Like I said, it's a nice computer, you just spent WAYYYYY more then you should have. For the games you will be playing, you could have built a comp for 900 bucks and would probably get the same performance.

On PC? Left 4 Dead, Bioshock, Company of Heros, Sins of a Solar Empire, Portal, Half-Life 2, Team Fortress 2, etc...

Also have a 360 with a few games on it...

Nice pc
I wish I had the money to upgrade.

I am going to try to play some Team Fortress 2 tonight it looks like a fun game.
The only problem is its been out for a while and I will be 100% n00b.
I hate gettin my butt kicked.
My son got the orange box from santa this year.
I havent played anything for 2 years will be pretty rusty.

Hope your vista install goes good, heard some nightmare stories with vista on built machines.

It's a nice PC no doubt, but you spent way to much money.

By the looks of it, everything came to roughly $1,800.

6 gigs of ram is an overkill.

You spent $350 on just the mobo, you could have gotten a socket 775 mobo and saved 200 bucks, and gone with a core 2 quad or core 2 duo CPU and saved a hundred bucks there.

If you are spending so much money on a SLI mobo, you should have at least be using it.

Two 1TB HD's was an overkill as well lol. 1 would suffice.

Like I said, it's a nice computer, you just spent WAYYYYY more then you should have. For the games you will be playing, you could have built a comp for 900 bucks and would probably get the same performance.

Oh, I know it was overkill. Don't need a video card that fast, or core i7 processor (which requires triple channel ram and a new mobo with the new 1366 socket). But, I wanted to make it a bit "future proof". If I want to upgrade the processor at a later date (unlikely), I don't need to upgrade the mobo as well and I should be good on video cards for a while, too.

I also do play 'Crysis' and 'Crysis: Warhead' (forgot to mention those) and am a bit of a visual snob. ;)

I have an ability to fill hard drives up pretty quickly. Large Itunes library, ect (including all the Dream Theater and Liquid Tension Experiment's releases, I might add). I am and audio snob and don't compress my music either, so very few mp3's; mostly wav files. So I wanted a separate hard drive for storage and not have to worry about adding storage for quite a while.
Basically, I had the extra cash to upgrade now and didn't want to go with cheaper parts that are obsolete (or soon to be obsolete) equipement, so going with the 1366 socket (and core i7 CPU) was the best choice for that. It will be used, supported and expanded on for a while to come.

Nice pc
I wish I had the money to upgrade.

I am going to try to play some Team Fortress 2 tonight it looks like a fun game.
The only problem is its been out for a while and I will be 100% n00b.
I hate gettin my butt kicked.
My son got the orange box from santa this year.
I havent played anything for 2 years will be pretty rusty.

Hope your vista install goes good, heard some nightmare stories with vista on built machines.

Portal is a blast (forgot to put that on the list). Team Fortress 2 is great as well once you get into it...maybe the most fun gaming I have ever had.

Just remember that it is class based...you can't just "run and gun". Try playing as the medic for a while and you will get the idea.

Also, look up "Team Fortress 2 Griefing" on youtube for some hillarious videos!!!

But, I wanted to make it a bit "future proof".
:bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

Portal is a blast (forgot to put that on the list). Team Fortress 2 is great as well once you get into it...maybe the most fun gaming I have ever had.

Just remember that it is class based...you can't just "run and gun". Try playing as the medic for a while and you will get the idea.

Also, look up "Team Fortress 2 Griefing" on youtube for some hillarious videos!!!

I know I have been studying it.
From my Quake back ground I am a FPS run and gunner.
I am thinking the soldier class is n00b friendly.

YouTube - Team Fortress 2 Soldier Class

Yeah, if you are a run and gunner, the solider class is pretty familiar. There are some (user made?) levels that are ment for gaining achievements and not for winning. They cannot really be 'won'. I am specifically thinking of a level (can remember the name) that is massive with a tower in the middle and certian "platforms" you capture. You will know it if you stumble uppon it. Just keep in mind that it is not designed to be able to win.

There is also a fun mod for the solider that replaces his voice with 'tourette's guy' quotes. HILLARIOUS!!!

Man for that loot you could have had what I am building. I just hit that number and all I need is a psu and Raptors.

You could have done what I did but instead went with 150gb Raptors and you would have spent around 2k. Tops.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.
Back