new here

BostonMarine97LSC

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody

Im a Marine reservist currently stationed in Iraq and i recently bought a black on black markviii lsc with 104,000 miles and a few mods on ebay because Ive always loved them and it was well within my means, Ive been poring over all the past posts finding problems to look out for and I feel pretty well prepared for the ups and downs of markviii ownership. As soon as I get back to the states ill be taking leave and going out to greenfield Indiana to pick this gorgeous vehicle up. Any tips on pre long distance trip inspections besides the obvious? thanks for any help

Yeah Baby..great Another Gen 2 Owner Espeacially A Blk N Blk One ;). Good Choice.

It All Depends Who Had The Car Before You And If In Fact They Took Care Of It. Mostly These Cars Stand Up Very Well..again It Depends Who The Owner Is Now. Glad To Hear You Got One Of The Finest Cars Around. I Wish You Luck My Friend!

Hey And Let Me Say..we Want All Our Troops Home Asap..i Wish You A Safe Trip Back Home. Be Well And Be Safe My Friend!

:W :Beer :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

WELCOME!!!! I see you picked the right Mark, 97 LSC..lol There are guys here that would disagree, But we know better!!lol lol

Watch your back and hurry home.. I'm a viet nam vet and I feel what you feel!

hurry home ..Brother

Welcome

Hey Marine, keep your head down and come home safe. The greatest soldiers in the histroy of the world are the United States Marine Corp!
There is no more deadly and efficient weapon than a marine and his rifle and the faith of the American people behind him!
Check and change oil, trans fluids, verify coolant strength, change differential fluid, check power steering fluid, tire pressure, check for fluid leaks of ANY kind before leaving. Check heating and cooling (A/C) function.
Check tire balance and front end alignment by driving the car at speed before the trip.
Check drive belts and hoses too.
On these cars, watch for front air bags for leaks especially. Don't drive on collapsed bags- it'll damage motor mounts, suspension components and jar stuff (including the fillings in your teeth) loose.
Welocome to the club. Kevin.

So...
The Army calls helicopters choppers....
The Air Force calls helicopters copters...
What do Marine's call helicopters????

:: points to the sky ::
OHHH UHHHH OHHH UHHHH

Just messin... everyone else pretty much covered everything.

If you have time before the drive home, and you're not very mechanically inclined (meaning you'd just take it in to do it when you get home anyway), find a Ford/Lincoln dealer with a solid rep in the area, have them do a cooling system flush/fill, tranny fluid change, oil change... wouldn't hurt to have the lube in the rear changed... and a courtesy inspection.

Otherwise, just check the fluids and do it when you get home (aside from oil change, do that in town).

Good luck with your new (used) car. Hope your short tour comes to an end successfully.

Welcome to the club and congradulations on the ride.!!:D
I like them so much I have two!!

Watch your back and keep it safe !!

thank you all for your support and advice! way to make a guy feel welcome! chances are ill probably do a lengthy spot check when i get there and take it to the lincoln-mercury dealership at which my uncle has been employed for a quarter century to do a coolant flush and complete fluid change and tune up and nate, we call them helos and ive actually heard a few army dogs refer to them as "them whirlybirds" :D

Welcome.. Keep your head down. I got a call from a friend of my daughter's, who is over in Iraq, last night. The battalion next to his was hit and there was a soldier killed. Kind of freaked him out a bit, made the whole thing real.

Take care and stay safe.

Members online

No members online now.
Back