New here! Thinking about an 05/06 LS V8...

Drive XR7

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I currently own a 2003 SVT Mustang Cobra that I love... but new priorities and financial obligations and have forced me to sell it. Very sad. :(

I have always been a Ford guy and I think moving from a balls-to-the-wall unforgiving car to a luxurious car with a little V8 power behind it will do me wonders for the pocketbook. I think I just want 1 reliable car that I can drive every day in every season that is comfortable, clean, and classy.

Here's just a pic of my Cobra:

car.jpg

IMG_1199.jpg

LS WHAT... of course a jab at our Cadillac and Chevy friends and their LS motors. The car put out 415rwhp before many parts.

I'm looking for 2005/2006 LS V8s with lower mileage (30-40k will do) and preferably still a warranty. Something unmodified. I'm looking for as clean as I can get around the OH, MI, IN, PA region.

I'm also here to see if there are any common problems or things I should be looking for when visiting some of the available cars in the area. What are the advantages of the 05/06s over other years? I have heard of the 5 speed V6... and dreamed about how great it would be to get a 6 speed in a V8 model. What should I be looking for? Is there a FAQ of some kind that I can read that will answer these questions for me?

Thank you so much!!

Most of the kinks were ironed out by 05/06. The 06 is the one I would pick because you get the LSE body kit and cool wheels that were not avail. any other year.

Just make sure the tranny shifts smooth and no leaking oil. When properly maintained, the Ls is a reliiable car - you will probably end up replacing a few of the coils over the years as they tend to go bad but can be found for around 30 bucks.

Unfortunately the 5 speed stick was only avail. from 00-02 and only 2500 or so were made. It would have been cool to have that optiion on the v8.

One more thing-extend your warranty!

If you want to read some interesting facts (horsepower, options, fuel econ, etc) go to google and type in Lincoln Ls Wiki and read the wikipedia article, cool stuff.

One more thing, I saw you are from Amhurst - I grew up in Norwalk but am now in California. I bought my Taurus SHO at Mullinax Ford, is that dealer still around? That was back in 1998 and it was 31k before rebates.
-Kyle

you would be smart looking for an 05 06 as they were the last to and newest years. get something with a warranty, so under 50k. and you should be fine. trust me. you wont regrete. you loved your cobra and its sound. you should here what just tips do to these things. pretty sweet. PM me back with this answer. Did you sell your cobra already or did you still have it. My buddie is looking for one reall hard. good luck

If your into modding your cars, you will be severely disappointed.

What to look for is something loaded with low miles and a warranty. I can't stress the warranty enough. Your comment about a "little" V8 power is an understatement. You can find foreign V6's with just as much power, if not more.

If you want something practical for the snow belt then I'd suggest AWD and not a RWD V8. Otherwise your not doing yourself much of a favor. The only difference would be power and traction control between a Stang and an LS.

The only difference would be power and traction control between a Stang and an LS.

dont forget the safety, convenience, luxury, style, gas mileage, insurance, and of course this awesome forum.

sorry, i just realized you were talking about the snow ability and nothing else.

dont forget the safety, convenience, luxury, style, gas mileage, insurance, and of course this awesome forum.

sorry, i just realized you were talking about the snow ability and nothing else.

not a hole lot safer... styling maybe....gas milage i dont think so.. and the forum well.....

What would I use the warranty for? Why is it so important?

I don't intend to mod this car if I get one... just keep it, be comfortable, and drive it every day. I'm alright with the fuel economy I get with the Mustang... but a little better would be nice. Safety is not a big concern for me.

I still have the Cobra and I have an ad written up... but I am not entertaining any offers for at least 2 weeks while I think all of this over.

http://www.theschamp.com/ad.html

I would not part with that Cobra for anything. I love my LS but those are one of my favorite cars. Seriously, if you can do anything to keep your Terminator, I would if I were you.

I owned a 03 mach1 that got 26 mpg highway and 17-19 in town

side, front airbags... Traction control... whats not safe about it

Ironically, the '06 LS V8 that I test drove yesterday overheated and barely made it back to the dealership. While I don't discount a whole lot against the particular vehicle from this... I know that I'll never purchase a used car from this place.

I thought the 06 I drove was great.... comfortable, quiet, and handled on the turns that I tried to put it through before this particular car overheated.

I need to try another one... maybe that has navigation. I was most definitely satisifed with the "get-up-and-go" on the highway... and even though my Cobra is way faster... I love the quietness and responsiveness anyway.

I think I'm sold.

Anyone want a meticulously cared for 2003 Cobra?

I would take that off your hands in a heart beat if I had the money. I still think you're out of your mind to get rid of a Cobra for an LS though.

The LS is pretty nice car with very nice design, but the reliability pretty much sucks booty. It does seam to get better with higher miles if taken care well. Mine has 162300 miles and I love it. But I do spend money fixin it regularly.

Members online

No members online now.
Back