New Guy!

rtrotter

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello all. I have browsed this forum from time to time over the past few years and it looks like you guys really have a wealth of knowledge about the LS, so I figured I'd join. I have a 2002 LS8 that I bought almost new (8900 miles and owned by the Lincoln dealer's wife) in early 2004. It has been a pretty good car, but with 93000 miles it has had most of the common issues I see on here.

I had to replace the valve cover gaskets and coils after limp-home mode left me stranded in Oklahoma City. I also had to replace two thermostats within a two month period. I replaced the front brakes about 5000 miles ago, and I replaced the front struts at about 70k.

I still need to fix some common issues:

-Clockspring
-Swaybar Bushings (for knock, bang, pow)
-DCCV acts up from time to time
-6 Disc no workie---jammed CD

Also, my information center buttons busted away from my center vents bezel, so if anyone has a car they're parting out with these parts, feel free to send me a message, and I'll take it off your hands. I need both the buttons and the bezel.

I have quite a bit of experience with this car just due to upkeep, maintenance, and length of ownership, so hopefully I can offer some good input.

-Rob Trotter

welcome!!
the cd player is a quick fix, take it out and hold it upside down. You have to work your way up from the ashtray and ashtray surround. Then two bolts under the climate controll, it will slide out. Then pop off the center vents and get the two bolts on the top and then two bolts between the radio and climate controll. ( i think i remembered all the bolts, havnt done this in a while) then leave the radio plugged in turn the car on, hold radio upside down and hit eject. It should come out no problem. While you have the center vents out, get some gorilla glue.....works wonders!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back