New guy..

Newguy89

LVC Member
Reaction score
So just recently bought this car that was sitting for 6 years has 90k on it and got it for a steal..replaced the fuel pump got it running and it was fine I put it on the road and found out that once it goes over 40mph it starts to shudder and lose power then it won't accelerate until its shut off and turned back on..I'm new to Lincoln's and not trying to pay a garage unless last resort...also not sure if trans is slipping or ????

Was just checking the relays and noticed some blue corrosion I guess is there a way to clean that??

Last edited:
CEL codes? Sounds like you have the same coil problems as the other 250,000 LSes. Motorcraft coils, plugs, and probably valve cover gaskets. I'd bet wiper arm seal too.

CEL codes? Sounds like you have the same coil problems as the other 250,000 LSes. Motorcraft coils, plugs, and probably valve cover gaskets. I'd bet wiper arm seal too.

Yes cel but its for o2 sensor after the cat and idle air control

Yes cel but its for o2 sensor after the cat and idle air control

These are the codes that were pulled when I had the auto part store check my engine light...where should I start

P0141-o2 sensor heater circuit bank 1 sensor 2
P0171- system to lean bank 1
P0174 to lean bank 2
P1504 idle air ctrl circuit
P0745 Pressure Control Solenoid
U2018 Passenger Side Crash Sensor Communication Fault
C1805 Mismatched PCM and/or ABS Module
U1262 Communication Bus Fault
P0171 System Too Lean (Bank 1)
P0174 System Too Lean (Bank 2)
P0734 Gear 4 Incorrect Ratio
P1000 On Board Diagnostic System Readiness Test Not Complete
B1995 Driver Side Side Mount Airbag Low Resistance On Squib

These are the codes that were pulled when I had the auto part store check my engine light...where should I start

P0141-o2 sensor heater circuit bank 1 sensor 2
P0171- system to lean bank 1
P0174 to lean bank 2
P1504 idle air ctrl circuit
P0745 Pressure Control Solenoid
U2018 Passenger Side Crash Sensor Communication Fault
C1805 Mismatched PCM and/or ABS Module
U1262 Communication Bus Fault
P0171 System Too Lean (Bank 1)
P0174 System Too Lean (Bank 2)
P0734 Gear 4 Incorrect Ratio
P1000 On Board Diagnostic System Readiness Test Not Complete
B1995 Driver Side Side Mount Airbag Low Resistance On Squib
"If you are experiencing a problem with 4th gear and a P0734 OBDII trouble code has been stored, then a mechanic should analyze the rest of the ECU data, to see if the problem is caused by electronic components like a solenoid. If the problem is related to the hydraulic system (which is often caused by dirty ATF), then the valve body, pump and torque convertor will also have to be inspected."
Hopefully it's a minor issue like a solenoid pack fix...it could be dirty ATF ...drain some of the Mercon V out of pan and look at the color...is it pink or bright red? Brown? or Black?

"If you are experiencing a problem with 4th gear and a P0734 OBDII trouble code has been stored, then a mechanic should analyze the rest of the ECU data, to see if the problem is caused by electronic components like a solenoid. If the problem is related to the hydraulic system (which is often caused by dirty ATF), then the valve body, pump and torque convertor will also have to be inspected."
Hopefully it's a minor issue like a solenoid pack fix...it could be dirty ATF ...drain some of the Mercon V out of pan and look at the color...is it pink or bright red? Brown? or Black?

When I drained the trans it was pinkish but not brown. I had a transmission shop look and they said start with a fluid change which I did and it didn't help. Then they said check the solenoid pack so that's what I'm working on now. But I was also told to check my cops specifically #3 & #4

Members online

No members online now.
Back