New Guy with New 2003 Town Car Executive Questions . . .

SCATCAT

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I just bought an '03 TC Exceutive, with original 77,231 miles, from a long time buddy, who bought it in 2015 with 55,000 original miles, from the original owner (you guessed it . . a little old lady who only drove it around town).

When my pal bought it he set the side view mirrors and hasn't touched them since. They were stuck. I jiggled the switch a bit and got them to move some but then they got stuck. They will not adjust at all now. Any ideas on this? Spray some contact cleaner down into the switch?

The rear windows were stuck also . . . he said he never used the rear windows. I found the door slam trick here on this forum and it worked great to free them up! I bought some window track lube and am going to put that on when we get some decent weather here.

I'd like to get a shop manual on this car. There's a couple on eBay now but they are for the "LS" model. Is the Executive covered in this factory manual or does the Executive have its own separate manual?

How about those Haynes manuals? Are they very useful?

Thanks for your time and help!

The LS is not a trim of the TC. The LS is a completely different car. It has a lot more in common with some Jaguar models than it does with a TC. That manual won't help you at all.

Executive is just a trim level of the TC. The shop manuals for the TC cover all the trim levels (just different options and such). My opinion is that the Haynes manuals aren't very good compared to the factory shop manuals, but it all depends on how deep you expect to go.
Here are a few examples of the many offers for shop manuals on ebay.
2003 Lincoln Town Car Shop Service Repair Manual CD Engine Drivetrain Electrical | eBay
2003 Lincoln Town Car Wiring Diagrams Electrical OEM Shop Service Manual Good | eBay
2003 Lincoln Town Car Service Shop Repair Manual | eBay

Are the mirror motors really stuck, or is it just that the switch isn't working? Those switch contacts do oxidize over time. Some electrical cleaner or de-ox spray may work, but probably you'll have to take the switch apart and physically clean it.

Are the mirror motors really stuck, or is it just that the switch isn't working? Those switch contacts do oxidize over time. Some electrical cleaner or de-ox spray may work, but probably you'll have to take the switch apart and physically clean it.[/QUOTE]

The switch worked just enough to move the mirrors, then the mirrors froze up.

Can I get to the switch without taking the door apart?

I have no manual yet on how to take door apart.

Members online

Back