New guy with MN12 swap.

RCReevesPhotography

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I have a 1997 Cougar XR7 Sport. I Found/bought a 1997 Mark VIII LSC DOHC Motor with low miles. (Don't fear the car was destroyed) I plan to swap the Mark Motor in to the Cougar.

I'm here to get more info on the DOHC motors since people at TCCoA are full of good info on the MN12's but not the DOHC motors.

Welcome to LVC.... I've read a bunch of your threads on TCCOA, good luck with the swap! ChickenVIII put a DOHC in a 95 Thunderbird.

The two things I have really been looking for is a how to wire up the Coil to C.O.P.'s swap.

My 97 has Coil's and I need to use the C.O.P.'s form the Mark. If I remember you wire them up in pairs but that's all I know.

And

I would really like to know factory Lift and duration of the 1997 Mark VIII LCS Cams? It Should be the the Ford shop Manual but I own them for every thing but a Mark.

Well I thank all of you who have helped on TCCoA and other sites via this swap.

I will over time find the Coil to Cop swap posting and I'll have all of my ducks in a row as one might say.

yup i did the dohc swap into a bird a few years back and its still running perfectly, read my thread linked above. we didnt swap to COP's only person i know of thats done the swap is unity

oh and :W to :V

Members online

No members online now.
Back