New guy on the block

JERSEYJOE

LVC Member
Reaction score
HELLO: I am new to the Mark VIII. I normally drive a 2005 F-150 Lariat 4 dr. a 2005 Taurus or a well modified 1981 CJ-7. I always admired the Mark VIII and just bought a 1993 Black on Black one with 80,000 miles. It seems to run great with some minor, but annoying, little detail things wrong. My everyday car is a 2005 Taurus, and I get get one every two years since I use it for work. The F-150 I use on weekends to haul my other toys around. My last toy car was a 1990 Porsche 928 GT. Funny the Mark VIII is my new toy car, and I think that I like it better than the 928. I never knew that the Mark has rear independent suspension. If you think about it, it's similar to the 928. Has a V8 motor, independent susp, 4 wheel discs. Anyhow I really like this car and was wondering what hop ups to do if any.

IN order
Change transmission fluid to Mercon V
Get a transmission Cooler
A shift kit
410 gears with a posi
Under drive pullys
Full exhaust with an H pipe, x pipe is for suckers
dyno tune

then mess with the suspension and you have your self a fun car

JERSEY JOE said:
HELLO: ... I always admired the Mark VIII and just bought a 1993 Black on Black one with 80,000 miles...
:W to :V Joe. I don't drive a Mark, but I :L Town Car. This is a great forum with some really knowlegable and friendly people. I haven't been a member for long, but everyone made me feel very welcome right off of the bat.

Welcome Joe to the site.... Being that you are in Jersey just take a ride to Geno's that's all you will need to know about Mods to a Mark VIII.

You live in the back yard of a Mark VIII god!

MarkOfDeath said:
IN order
A shift kit
410 gears with a posi
Under drive pullys
Full exhaust with an H pipe, x pipe is for suckers
dyno tune

then mess with the suspension and you have your self a fun car

I would only add that you should keep some cash set aside for little annoying things that you'll have to fix to keep the car running. There're some lists somewhere...

A shift kit

410 gears with a posi

To be happy with the new gears your gonna need an MMX driveshaft to keep your driveline vibes down.

Full exhaust *****DOUBLE x pipe****** Either that or a 2 in 2 out
Magnaflow in it's place.

Dynotune

I have a Stage 4 Baunmann in the 95 and LOVE it.

Welcome; I am fairly new too. I live in Rockland County, NY and work in Manhattan, though I have an older Lincoln Continental.

All the best,
Eric

I forgot to mention my 65 Continental. It's a great ride but it has to go to make room for the Mark VIII

Members online

No members online now.
Back