new guy needs help

wch55

LVC Member
Reaction score
recently bought 94 lincoln mark 8-anybody know a good mechanic on these in the monroe ohio area-near middletown-need service on air suspension or a coil conversion-like some opinions on that-also transmission service-leaks but fluid not low-wch55@juno.com

First.. Contact Eddie Spinks at American Air Suspension. My personal suggestion is to delete the air ride. I have 3 Mark VIII's. The air ride is a great feature but once you start to have problems (and with the age of these cars) it will be costly to keep up or bring back to new. A conversion will cost you around $350. Eddie will buy back your old air bags and compressor to help reduce the cost of the conversion.

You can do the job yourself it is not difficult.

Tranny Leak... could be as simple as the o-ring on the fill tube or dipstick tube (same part) and a place they like to leak.

Mark VIII's are great cars and a lot of fun to drive but you have to stay with them or they'll cost you a bunch. Fix worn out parts early so they don't cause bigger problems or add expense to other repairs.

Post your issues in the Mark VIII forum and we will be happy to help you solve your issues. We've experience most of the problems and someone on board will have the solution.

LvC will help you save $1000s on repairs. If you can turn a wrench you'll have no problems fixing your Mark VIII yourself. I was totally green when it came to cars when I purchase my first Mark VIII 3 years ago. LvC has taught me much. There is not many problems I am afraid to attempt with the support I get here on LvC.

Good Luck and enjoy your Mark.

from wch55-problem is I am unable to do my own work anymore-wish I could-cant due to health problems-thanks

wch55 said:
from wch55-problem is I am unable to do my own work anymore-wish I could-cant due to health problems-thanks

Sorry to hear that. There are a lot of great members in the Midwest area. I'm not sure who is that far south in Ohio who could help you out.

Send MsM8tress a PM (private message) as she is in the Columbus area and know a lot of members in Ohio.

Or tonight at 9 PM your time come into the chat room. Wednesday night is chat night and there are members from more your area who may be able to help you out.

If you could drive it up to the Detroit area, I could help you with your air suspension. I've done a few myself. What's wrong with it?

I could check out your trans leak too, as I've done a few of those too.

I enjoy working on these cars and helping people out.

mespock said:
Send MsM8tress a PM (private message) as she is in the Columbus area and know a lot of members in Ohio.

what are you talking about Rich, Debbi should be able to do the job herself! I've showed her how to change out struts. She caught on really quick. I think she knows plenty to help this guy out ;)

mespock said:
She did strip out her struts before the Insurance Co. Took her white Mark way. She should know how to do the job.

plus I helped her replace them before the accident, she knows what she's doing, trust me :p

Members online

No members online now.
Back