New guy here

Lincolnguy

LVC Member
Reaction score
Just joined the site I own a 2000 ls v8 and was just wanting to post a thread saying what's up so... Whats up , and how's everyone going

No problems with car other then an airbag light stays on

Just joined the site I own a 2000 ls v8 and was just wanting to post a thread saying what's up so... Whats up , and how's everyone going

No problems with car other then an airbag light stays on

from one new guy to another, welcome.

that airbag light could be your clock spring, or a wire under the drivers seat (its just a bit to short, as a result it get itself broke).

from one new guy to another, welcome.

that airbag light could be your clock spring, or a wire under the drivers seat (its just a bit to short, as a result it get itself broke).

Someone told me if it was your clock spring bad then something else in the steering column wouldn't work, cruse , volume controls etc , but everything works on mine

while it is common for the failure of the clockspring to cause issues with the airbag, horn and the steering wheel controls, it usually only starts with one of them. then sooner or later the others will fail too.

I would start by checking the code flashed out by the light.

while it is common for the failure of the clockspring to cause issues with the airbag, horn and the steering wheel controls, it usually only starts with one of them. then sooner or later the others will fail too.

I would start by checking the code flashed out by the light.

Where would I go to get the codes pulled? Or do I got to buy a scan tool

the air bag blinks out the code for you. no code reader needed. you just gotta watch it.

it will blink out a number of flashes, then pause, then blink out another number.
should be a 2 digit number.

google ford air bag codes. should be pretty self explanatory.

Where would I go to get the codes pulled? Or do I got to buy a scan tool

most auto parts stores will connect to the OBDII port and pull any codes you may have. this service is normally free...

the air bag blinks out the code for you. no code reader needed. you just gotta watch it.

it will blink out a number of flashes, then pause, then blink out another number.

this works just as well!...lol

Doesn't the check engine light, abs, airbag run on different circuit ? So if I did an obd2 scan for my airbag light nothing will come up ..

Would it not

I will do do the blink test 2marrow

OK got code 32 sounds like clock spring now was thinking of going to my junk yard down the street (because parts are free) what makes and models will fill ? They don't have any LS there

i would buy a new one, this is a common problem and a parts yard part might have the same issue..

If I buy a new one would I have to reset the light or does it just turn off ? Damn dealer charges 207.78 for one.

No need. The light will turn off as soon as you correct the problem. (Yes, there are some cars that need a tool to reset the SRS light, but the LS isn't one of them.)

Members online

No members online now.
Back