New Guy Here

Husker Z

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody, I just bought my wife a 2002 LS with the V8 last night. We've looked at the cars for a long time, but finally took the plunge. It came down to either this or a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited or a 01 Audi S4 (my choice). But, I love this car, it's black with chrome rims and the charcoal interior. My wife is excited and that's the main thing. Anything I should know right out of the gate? I think I got a pretty good deal on it, but who knows. I found it on ebay and it was here locally in KC, so I called the guy and he said he'd sell it to me for $15,900, so I jumped all over it. It's super clean, it was a lease and very few blemishes/scratches on it. Here's the ebay auction, let me know everyone's opinion. Any first mods that I should look into? Any good reference sites other than this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...d=1,1&item=4563058289&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT

699555_6.jpg

:W
Very nice ride. That color looks so sharp. I have an 04 LS8, silver w/the charcoal interior and I love it. I would recommend some tint on those windows, I just got 35% all the way around and I can't believe the difference in the heat inside the car. No more scorching myself on hot black leather seats.

Thanks all, tint is going to be the first thing that goes on it, I was hoping to find one already tinted but oh well. And miles don't really bother me that much, 60K is practially new to me. I got rid of my 97 Grand Prix a year ago with 190+ on it and we just sold my wife's 97 GP tuesday with 111K on it. My family has always owned Audi's and the three combined went for over 520,000 with one of them still being mom's daily driver instead of her Navigator. I use Amsoil in all of my vehicles and I will be putting it in the LS this weekend. Plus, my wife drives less than 5 miles to work and put less than 10K her car in the past year, so miles really aren't a drawback to me.

Thanks for the compliments and I just realized I probably should have posted this in the welcome room, sorry.

:W any sort of factory warranty left???
very nice looking car... you'll find info on everything here.. if your looking for any sort of mods for your car try www.lskoncepts.com (grayghost is his name here) great products and service...

Let me know if you plan on doing any audio upgrades!!

Welcome, you will love the LS. Best decision Ive ever made.

P.S. Lincoln-Good, Audi-Bad :W

Motts said:
:W any sort of factory warranty left???
very nice looking car... you'll find info on everything here.. if your looking for any sort of mods for your car try www.lskoncepts.com (grayghost is his name here) great products and service...

Let me know if you plan on doing any audio upgrades!!

Unfotunately there is no warranty left, so I'm taking a little bit of a risk. But, we had it checked out by a mechanic and it passed with flying colors. One good thing about buying off of a lease, you know it's been maintained because it's free for the driver, so that's a little reassuring. Most of my cars have been in the mid 50's on miles and I've had great luck, so I hope my luck continues.

Welcome to LvC! There is plenty of information on the LS here and don't be shy using the Search button.

What 'cha got planned for the LS?

I really don't have any plans yet other than tinting it and start using my Amsoil right away. It's the wifes car, so it's up to her. I would like to research a new grill, I've seen the chrome ones and I really like those and i know she does too. Also, I'd like to do something with the hidden exhaust tips, I'd like to show off the duals a little more, I mean hell, you have them, why not let everyone know that we didn't settle for the V6. Other than that, we'll probably stick with the chrome rims, I like them a lot. Are there options for chrome mirrors, this one has a little chip on the passenger side that I'd like to fix.

FreeFaller said:
:W 2 the LVC.

One more LS to add to the ranks. :Beer

Thanks, man, I didn't realize that there were this many people over here, when I originally started looking at these cars, I couldn't find a board anywhere, but that was over a year and a half ago. This fourms are the best thing I've discovered for cars, I was a regular over at the GP forum and got tons of info and also helped others out all the time. Thanks for all the welcomes, I appreciate it. :Beer

you'll become a post-aholic like everyone else!!! its addicting!!!!.. literally...

Welcome next thing you know you will be knee deep in add ons believe me it only takes one or two and you are off and running! Good luck!

-Scott-

Motts said:
you'll become a post-aholic like everyone else!!! its addicting!!!!.. literally...

:iconcur: you'll be posting like crazy on here it's a GREAT site!! You'll find out EVERYTHING there is to do with your LS8!! I LOVE THIS SITE!! Oh and WELCOME. hey look our cars look some what similar!! Check out my photo garage for more pics! :L :L :L

welcome and congrats, youll never find a forum or people like this anywhere. like stated b4 ull be addicted and be checking reguarly.

ohioLS said:
Welcome next thing you know you will be knee deep in add ons believe me it only takes one or two and you are off and running! Good luck!

-Scott-

I am totally of the belief that modding your car and posting on these type of forums are addicting. I'm just surprised that we are all still employed and can still afford these cars.

Big Celo, very nice car, I like the all wood dash, mine's not like that, it stops at the radio. Very cool though, I like the exhaust too, that's my biggest complaint is the way the duals aren't pronounced on mine, they just drop down behind the bumper.

Very wise choice. I know three Audi owners...2 A4's and a TT...that have ALL had to have their engines replaced under warranty. These cars can have issues here and there, but one thing you won't have a problem with is the engine. They are rock solid. (Disclaimer: that doesn't include such items as valve cover seals, etc. LOL)

I have a very good buddy who lives in Kansas City (Missouri side...as he likes to say) I go just about every year to the Chiefs/Broncos game. He's a die hard Chiefs fan and I'm an even more devoted Broncos fan! The tail gate party alone is worth the trip! One year, Johnny Damon dropped by and tail gated with us while he was still with the Royals. He was buddies with one of the guys in our group. But as rabid a bunch of fans as the Chief fans are, they NEVER made me feel unwelcome or harassed me when I would sit in the stands or parking lot with my Broncos gear on. You guys really are a class act!

2001LS8Sport said:
Very wise choice. I know three Audi owners...2 A4's and a TT...that have ALL had to have their engines replaced under warranty. These cars can have issues here and there, but one thing you won't have a problem with is the engine. They are rock solid. (Disclaimer: that doesn't include such items as valve cover seals, etc. LOL)

I have a very good buddy who lives in Kansas City (Missouri side...as he likes to say) I go just about every year to the Chiefs/Broncos game. He's a die hard Chiefs fan and I'm an even more devoted Broncos fan! The tail gate party alone is worth the trip! One year, Johnny Damon dropped by and tail gated with us while he was still with the Royals. He was buddies with one of the guys in our group. But as rabid a bunch of fans as the Chief fans are, they NEVER made me feel unwelcome or harassed me when I would sit in the stands or parking lot with my Broncos gear on. You guys really are a class act!

That's cool, Cheifs fans by in large are a good group of people, sometimes in the third or fourth quarter after about a dozen beers, they can get a little out of hand, but I don't think that's different from any other fans.

Bad news on the Audi's glad I didn't go that route, plus, they are kind of small.

Welcome! You made the right choice. Your LS is gorgeous. Lincolns should be regulated by the FDA because they are definitely habit forming. This may be your first Lincoln, but I can predict with all certainty that it won't be your last. Enjoy your new ride!

Members online

No members online now.
Back