New from New England

unclemuck

LVC Member
Reaction score
Howdy LVC'ers,

Recently purchased a 2005 LS Sport Black & Tan with ~145k. Found this forum when researching the car before buying it, and just want to say it has been an extraordinary resource from the beginning. I'm getting to know the car and it's systems as I perform some overdue maintenance and repairs to bring it back to where it should be. Loving this car so far, even if she still needs some work. I've done minor work on my previous vehicles, and am fairly mechanically inclined. Main job is systems administration, and I have quite a bit of experience with micro-controllers, electronics, and other mechanical gadgets.

I've pored through much of the common issue threads, and have started to get my list of repairs in order. Notable to-do items include:
- brakes, rotors, calipers
- stabilizer bar links
- coils & plugs
- harmonic balancer
- cooling system overhaul & DCCV
- transmission solenoid & valve body replacement
- seat track/motors and heat/cooling repair/replace

Work completed:
- Replaced DS front moon-roof drain hose (hose was actually pinched 100% shut inside the quarter panel near the floor - nightmare to get to)
- Dried out and cleaned interior
- Replaced PS window clips / re-wound tangled regulator cable
- Replaced two caliper guide pins & boots
- Restored headlights
- Fixed center console latch, traction control & parking brake switches
- Fixed ashtray return
- Fixed headlamp switch (pull-for-fog spring action broken)
- K&N Drop-in
- Misc inspection, torque checks, etc

As I go through more things, I will come back and post any interesting fixes or other information that may be helpful to others. I look forward to being an active member here on LVC!

Howdy LVC'ers,

Recently purchased a 2005 LS Sport Black & Tan with ~145k. Found this forum when researching the car before buying it, and just want to say it has been an extraordinary resource from the beginning. I'm getting to know the car and it's systems as I perform some overdue maintenance and repairs to bring it back to where it should be. Loving this car so far, even if she still needs some work. I've done minor work on my previous vehicles, and am fairly mechanically inclined. Main job is systems administration, and I have quite a bit of experience with micro-controllers, electronics, and other mechanical gadgets.

I've pored through much of the common issue threads, and have started to get my list of repairs in order. Notable to-do items include:
- brakes, rotors, calipers
- stabilizer bar links
- coils & plugs
- harmonic balancer
- cooling system overhaul & DCCV
- transmission solenoid & valve body replacement
- seat track/motors and heat/cooling repair/replace

Work completed:
- Replaced DS front moon-roof drain hose (hose was actually pinched 100% shut inside the quarter panel near the floor - nightmare to get to)
- Dried out and cleaned interior
- Replaced PS window clips / re-wound tangled regulator cable
- Replaced two caliper guide pins & boots
- Restored headlights
- Fixed center console latch, traction control & parking brake switches
- Fixed ashtray return
- Fixed headlamp switch (pull-for-fog spring action broken)
- K&N Drop-in
- Misc inspection, torque checks, etc

As I go through more things, I will come back and post any interesting fixes or other information that may be helpful to others. I look forward to being an active member here on LVC!
Welcome to the Family ....Nice to see your getting more familiar with the LS ...as you already stated you found a wealth of knowledge joining the Forum ....glad you're here!

Welcome to LVC. Glad to have you here. The dudes in the LS section are top notch, keep your eyes out for posts that deal with some problems you may have. Now, the LS, is a sport luxury car. It is picky and finicky with certain things. Keep on top of your maintenance and only use high quality parts that will last, you will never have the same issue twice.

Would love to see pics of your car. Enjoy your time here! Look to see if some LVC members in the LS section are near you for a meet up and cruise.

Happy cruising!
-Svets

Members online

Back