New exhaust going on '98 LSC

MonsterMark

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Right now, I am running straight pipes. Basically, I can't stand it. Maybe I'm getting too old. Anyway, I digress. My new setup going on this week consists of a pair of 3-1/2" SS Magnapack resonators replacing the oh-too-quite muff divers with the addition of a single Dual In/Out 4 x 9 SS Magnaflow Muffler installed just after the 3rd cat. That's right! I left the 3rd cat. The '98 LSC has only the 3rd cat, no resonator. After a bunch of research into cats, I found the stock cat system easily supports 300 rwhp. So I left it alone.

I can't wait for the results. I have a video cam so I will try to post a sound bite after the install. I am looking for a nice and throaty (quite) rumble up to 3000 rpm, and then all hell-breaks-loose cacophony of 32 chattering valves after that. Hopefully.

Right now, driving around with 19" straight pipes replacing the mufflers is a bit ridiculous if you ask me. Again, maybe it is an age thing, but then again, I don't look ever look forward to getting pulled over by a knob. :cool:

Last edited:
Well, the Magnapacks are in. Yep, sounds like a race car.LOL. Too much drone for my tastes between 1700-2000 rpm, so I am glad I ordered the Dual In/Dual Out Magnaflow to compliment the system. With the Magnapacks only being 3.5" in diameter, there is alot of room now under both rear quarters. I have a few tricks up my sleeve so stay tuned. After I install the Magnaflow, I'll post some bites hopefully. Sounds nicer than any Stang I have ever heard.

Here is a pic of the installed MagnaPacks. Next week I will install the Magnaflow Dual IN/OUT behind the 3rd cat. Soundbite http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/joey/MagnaPacks1.mpg

Mvc-009s.jpg

Last edited:
Sure, NOW your going to have them after I buy some pipes. If my dual in/out magnaflow doesn't get rid of all the drone, I may have to reconsider Geno's setup. It is pretty hot I will admit.

ONEBADMK8 said:
No, that's DAMN sexy!

Were going to have these back in stock and ready for sale within the next 3 weks tops.
Dammit Geno, stop posting pictures of those until you get it in. Your such a tease, I've been drooling over those things for a while now. That's partially why I haven't installed my headers and dual X pipe yet. Let us know as soon as you get them in. I want first dibs!!! BTW, I'll be returning the single outlet muffler I bought so I can buy those. Hopefully my car will complete in about a month, or atleast all the parts I have will finally be installed!

Members online

No members online now.
Back