New diesel Jaguar XF 62.9 mpg

05 LS8

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
http://www.autoblog.com/2011/11/17/jaguar-completes-coast-to-coast-u-s-road-trip-in-diesel-xf/

"It's not every day that you see a diesel Jaguar XF on these shores. In fact, at least officially, there's only one. And it just completed a cross-country road trip that took it from New York to Los Angeles.

The trip kicked off last week in the Big Apple and just wrapped up earlier this week in LA. Over the course of the eight-day journey across eleven states, three time zones and 2,884 miles, the bone-stock XF with the 2.2-liter diesel four averaged a highly impressive 62.9 miles per gallon (even better than the previous European tour), hitting a peak of 67 mpg as it approached the West Coast.

Not too shabby, especially for a luxury sedan that is, at the end of the day, anything but a lightweight.

6353305283_852e98156b_z.png

not bad...." The XF is capable of accelerating from rest to 60 mph in 8.0-seconds before reaching a top speed of 140mph."... I'dlove to see it turbo'd. XF-R would be nice

not bad...." The XF is capable of accelerating from rest to 60 mph in 8.0-seconds before reaching a top speed of 140mph."... I'dlove to see it turbo'd. XF-R would be nice

that would be hella schweet!

A bit slow but it's a tiny 4 cyl diesel engine. Make a turbo and get it down to 5 seconds 0-60 and then we talkin.

u'd lose a lot of its MPG (which is what they're going for with this) but it damn it'd be nice

A bit slow but it's a tiny 4 cyl diesel engine. Make a turbo and get it down to 5 seconds 0-60 and then we talkin.

Supposedly it makes kw 140 = 190Hp
NM 332 = 240lb.ft
Which isn't bad for little 2.2 liter i4.

u'd lose a lot of its MPG (which is what they're going for with this) but it damn it'd be nice

If they can get that many miles out of a 4000 pound car, i don't know (well i do, but...) why they bother with gasoline/electric cars.

Supposedly it makes kw 140 = 190Hp
NM 332 = 240lb.ft
Which isn't bad for little 2.2 liter i4.

If they can get that many miles out of a 4000 pound car, i don't know (well i do, but...) why they bother with gasoline/electric cars.

Agreed.

I think most Americans still have the mentality that diesel is meant for work trucks and not passenger vehicles.

a diesel without a turbo is useless. they seriously didn't put a turbo on it?

I think most Americans still have the mentality that diesel is meant for work trucks and not passenger vehicles.

sure enough..

"An innovative overboost feature provides an extra 30Nm of torque for 30 seconds to help with safer overtaking."

can't have overboost without boost. i think it has a turbo.

Members online

Back