NEW....Dent :(

dawozman1

LVC Member
Reaction score
I was with my girlfriend, her sister, and my brother tonight and when we got to their house to drop them back off we were parked in front of their house by the curb and my bro opened his door right into the mailbox. Now i have a new 1'' dent above the passenger side door handle, it scratched off some clear coat too but no paint. I guess part was my fault because i had his door in front of the mail box, i just dont get how it was looming outside his window and he didnt see it. I wanna get it fixed whats the best way/ type of shop to get it worked on.

Try paintless dent removal. Many auto dealers and body shops have this service.

The lesson here is to never park next to mailboxes or lamp posts with people in your car. Also, never park next to a car loaded with kids -- they always just throw the doors open and BANG, your next dent.

Thats why I honestly don't like having other people ride in my car. Even my wife threw open the door into a chain link fence. The other thing is that I can vacuum the car and drive it for a week. Someone rides in the passanger front seat once and the floor is dirtier on that side. Sorry about the rant...

Kill your brother.

Thought about it. Especially after i went to Abra and qot a quote for the dent removal, repainting that door and the quarter panel + fixing some previous body work on the front passenger door and repainting that....

...quoted at just over 1600. Time for new tires too...

Ill be getting a few more estimates it just looks nasty siting there with that nice scratch.

Right after I go tmy hood repainted (some deep gouges from rocks off of a truck/trailer), some punk ina little toyota pickup spit something up - didn't see what - and BANG- driver's door dent, right down to the bare metal. I touched it up, but man it's noticeable. It's stressful trying to keep this car in perfect condition...

Yeah it is stressful, whenever i go over to her house i make sure to park away from mailboxes and trees near the road. I always park away from cars in a parking lot or at least by cars nicer than mine so i dont have to worry about door dings. passengers are the worst for stuff like that. in my old S40 i had 2 people open the door right into these rocks on the side of the road at one buds house at least 3 or 4 times, never dented it but the sound was always gut wrenching, seemed like no matter where i parked they hit the rocks.

The lesson here is to never park next to mailboxes or lamp posts with people in your car.
Don't forget brick walls, concrete barriers, or anywhere that an Emu or other animal might have the chance to see its reflection in the side. Ive got a friend who's dad owns an Emu farm, his year old SRT-4 is nothing but dents. Like hail, but worse, and its only on the sides. But the hood and roof are covered in claw marks from the chickens they have.

Don't forget brick walls, concrete barriers, or anywhere that an Emu or other animal might have the chance to see its reflection in the side. Ive got a friend who's dad owns an Emu farm, his year old SRT-4 is nothing but dents. Like hail, but worse, and its only on the sides. But the hood and roof are covered in claw marks from the chickens they have.

..... So looks like he saved money not having to buy graphics :) ... (20+ HP :))

the LS is lower than my last car so im iffy parking near some curbs around that are higher than normal.

second week i had my LS i was washing it, and i went over a spot in the front bumper, and a quater inch piece of paint flaked off...other than that my paint is pretty good, have a tiny dent in the hood, but wont notice it unless you already know its there, but it needs to be buffed, previous owner didnt wash it often and there is grime stained into the clear...

or paint it yourself, all you need to do, is putty it down, sand it, paint it, clear coat it and you're done, oh and you need a gun and a compressor, lol!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back