New DCCV replaced cold air only when parked or idling 2002 v6

BlacksonAudio

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So i replaced the DCCV with a brand new motorcraft part. Bleed car and no overheating so I'm good so far. Temps fluctuate between 198-232. Now the weird part. The ac blows fine and heat blows fine. But once I drive the car the passenger loses cold air and only blows heat. If I'm parked cold air on both sides. When I drive and idle at the light with foot on brake, cold air but soon as i drive the passenger side starts blowing heat.
I'm at my wits end...did the self test and it gives no codes. I hear all the squeaking and opening closing sounds but this is weird.
Any help?

It sounds like your new DCCV is defective.

Just for shit's and giggles.. got up this morning and bled and bled. streams of fluid... no streams of fluid... same results. After an hour I'm done. I will have the system looked at. Was mentioned to me that the system may need a recharge since i do have heat, and do have cold air. Just maybe not enough refrigerant when the pressure kicks in. Sounds reasonable.

... the system may need a recharge since i do have heat, and do have cold air. Just maybe not enough refrigerant when the pressure kicks in. Sounds reasonable.

Depends on if the passenger side is getting heated air, or just not cooled air. Big difference. You said heated.

If, instead, it is just not cooled, then the symptoms could fit with a low refrigerant charge. Note that would mean a leak. You should also be hearing an air sound behind the dash from time to time. That would be the expansion valve trying (and failing) to compensate for the low charge.

Depends on if the passenger side is getting heated air, or just not cooled air. Big difference.
passenger side is getting heat. if i take it to 90 both sides. If i take it 60 they both get cold. If i DRIVE then i lose cold air on the passenger side. Both sides still blow but you feel the passenger slowly getting hot. over the course of 2 minutes it's warm to hot still blowing.

If hot means noticeably warmer than the air outside, then it's very probably the DCCV.
If hot means about the same temperature as outside, then it could be low charge.

Members online

No members online now.
Back