New DCCV pass side not as cold

EXLINE

New LVC Member
Reaction score
My dccv was faulty as pass side was blazin' hot and driver was luke warm. So I replaced my motorcraft from rockauto dccv just now and have ice cold air on driver side but about 20 degrees diff on pass side now. Granted its way better but not right. Also doesn't seem to blow as hard. Thanks guys.

common problem, passenger side always a little different from driver's side results (for some reason),
not blowing as much could be vent not all the way open, turn thumbwheel all the way open.

maybe pull the entire vent off the dash and see if everything clear inside, you'll notice it's two separate ducts.

It could be that your refrigerant level is a little low. That can cause the passenger side to be warmer. Do you hear any hissing sound when you first turn the AC on? If so, that's another sign of low refrigerant. However, don't just add a can to see. If you can't correctly measure the charge level, go to an AC shop or dealer than can.

It could be that your refrigerant level is a little low. That can cause the passenger side to be warmer. Do you hear any hissing sound when you first turn the AC on? If so, that's another sign of low refrigerant. However, don't just add a can to see. If you can't correctly measure the charge level, go to an AC shop or dealer than can.
I do notice it hisses when I first turn it on, like a relief valve or something. Before the dccv it was really bad where the pass side was hot so I know it was bad. I will try to put a can of refrigerant in it but as far as vents being open yes they are open and no obstructions.

Actually noticed it hissis randomly at least every few min. The thing is though the driver side seems pretty cold to be low on freon but what do I know.

With low refrigerant, the passenger side cooling goes first.
With really low refrigerant, the compressor starts cycling and you hear the hissing every time it cycles back on.

Members online

No members online now.
Back