New Cont. Owner

darkravenchild

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Well, I just bought my 1983 Lincoln Cont. DeVenchi (sp) Edition for $100. It's in pretty good shape with about 133,000 miles on it. Some rust holes as I live up north where we get snow and salt.

Anyways, I bought it as my everyday car as my last everyday car has turned into a show/AutoX car.

So, from what I understand - my 5.0 is the same that is used in mustangs and whatever you do to a mustang, you can do to this car. So I am looking to make a street/drag car out of this and kill some Civics by suprise. Anyone know what performance parts are being used and where to get them from?

I'm pretty much a Pontiac guy, but I gotta admit, I love this Linc. and I would really like to see about 450hp out of it.
post-33-1102447238.jpg

post-33-1102447269.jpg

Oh Jeesh! It scare me to think I may have sold that thing new. Brings back some memories. $100!!! What a nice deal if it turns into a decent driver. Congrats.

MonsterMark said:
Oh Jeesh! It scare me to think I may have sold that thing new. Brings back some memories. $100!!! What a nice deal if it turns into a decent driver. Congrats.

It drives absolutly mint. You can start it and stand outside of it and you can't hear the engine run. The AC is stock and COLD AS HELL! All the chrome is mint - no rust, scratches or oxidation.

I'm a auto tech and we get cars that people just don't want to fix. This was one. The person needed $400 in brake work and they didn't want to do it. So I offered $100 and they said ok.

Fixed so far -
brakes all the way around $150
9mm ACCEL wires $20
NKG Spark plugs $16

So $100 (for the car) and $186 in parts = less than $300 for a mint running car.

I have about 20-30 hours of body work to do to get rid of some rust holes in the lower pannels and I'm going to paint the lower pannels black in my garage. I have all the body work stuff laying around, so $0 for that.

I have the rear end off a 1980's high performance drag mustang. The guy totaled it and I took the rear end. Thinking of putting his gears in the Cont. (don't know ratio off top of my head - written down somewhere though).

Making custom cold air intake at my shop right now. $0 for materials and I have a K&N 5in cone filter just laying around - $0.

Machine the throttle body and intake manifold - $0

I plan on using the Flowmaster foxbody custom performance exhaust package - includes pipes from manifold back, cross pipe, 2 free flow flowmaster mufflers and ends in dual exhaust chrome tips. I'm going to have the "straight pipe" look coming out the rear. The exhaust will be about $150-$200 or so.

WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR -
underdrive pullies
ECU upgrades - the whole thing - DYNO TESTED/PROGRAMED - no chips.

I have no intent on "pimping" this thing out or dumping a whole lot of money into it. Like I said, I'd like to get 450hp out of it and just make it look clean and sharp. And a import killer.

EDIT - nothing wrong with imports, only punk a-holes that drive them (and again, that's not everyone, just the majority)

Members online

No members online now.
Back