New Company's Coilover's Soon...?

alzimme

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Well, just picked up the perfect shell to mock coilovers onto. Might try to talk them into developing a few other suspension peices while we're digging in there. Like I had said in the other thread, this isn't 100% and who knows how far this will go, but with input, support, etc. from the community that would be buying them, it gives this project more wind. I'll keep you updated (actually starting development might be a couple weeks/months out) as this progresses. Check out my part out thread in the Auto Parts section for the shell that I'm donating to the cause.
Aaron

lets get this going. Lack of suspension is whats making me wanna sell my car.

lets get this going. Lack of suspension is whats making me wanna sell my car.

the LS suspension makes you want to sell? Really? what exactly are your issues with the suspension. The performance of the sport struts and the different spring options are far from being worst attribute of the LS.

I just think the car would look better lower. I have Eibachs and Euro struts. I just want lower. And also the lack of aftermarket for the car just plain blows.

How much lower can you get??

You like dragging the undercarriage??

You have eibachs struts and Springs??? The eibachs drop close to 2" IIRC. how low do you want? Unless your running stock 16. not much room for much more.

I just think the car would look better lower. I have Eibachs and Euro struts. I just want lower. And also the lack of aftermarket for the car just plain blows.

Then have custom springs made, while its not a civic in terms of aftermarket support the benefit is very little custom LS on the road making one that is customized more unique...Ill take very little support over way to much any day.

I have only one complaint on my LS and that it she reminds me of a hot spoiled women... fun to have around but will screw you over if you neglect her.

The roads I drive are pretty smooth and eibachs lower 1 inch. I then took a full coil off the front and half off the back.

I want to go lower and with coilovers I want a higher spring rate so dragging wont be an issue.

I do bottom out occasionally but I blame the weak rates of the eibachs.

Springs just suck I want the adjustability.

Getting custom springs is almost the price of KW variant3 for the Tbird

Also I dont do exterior mods my car is just a stock looking lowered LS. Headlight rings, chrome grills, 20's, and such isnt my taste. Much like how low I want to go isnt on your guys to do list.

More people have 18's and 19's versus 20's but I see your point.

You can get a custom air suspension setup but I'd rather have the ls with little aftermarket over a crappy civic with harsh ride and cloth interior.

I was thinking more for the adjustability height wise and dampening. Options of spring rates and the fact coilovers have height adjustability should apeal to a fairly wide range of needs for the community.

I think there are some coilovers for the STR, no? I remember seeing something on TireRack.

I plan to get RPF1 wheels after i figure out the coilover set up it I keep the LS.

Also Civics dont all ride like ass. I spent money in suspension as well as turboing and tuning. As fas as cloth I loved the teg seats I put into my Civic. I have owned a wide variety of cars lol. My fav by far as far as being comfy is the Lincoln. None of my civics or integras were daily driven. I had an 01 awd explorer that was slammed as well.

I'm all about going low, I've been slamming my head against a wall about coil overs. Talked t numerous people and the lowest I get to is 600 a corner because its a small number to make..

I priced air and decided even with the deal I was made I passed, simple because I want coil overs period..

If you can get this going Id be in for sure...I feel your pain on this and wish you luck..

Also I dont do exterior mods my car is just a stock looking lowered LS. Headlight rings, chrome grills, 20's, and such isnt my taste. Much like how low I want to go isnt on your guys to do list.

aesthetic choices are to each his own, penty of us enjoy those types of exterior mods you listed. ... I fully agree with wanting the best possible setup/drop out there. I'd imagine your bottoming out with the with eibachs has more to do with the lost structural integrity from cutting them than the quality of the spring itself.

The bagged black ls years back looked amazing.

It rides the exact same as it did before the cutting.

Also S type R KW run from 2300 on up to 2800

The Tbird ones go for about 1500-1800

The Eibachs are a progressive spring. You killed the calibration by cutting off coils. Eibachs and sport shocks give an excellent ride and handling.

It rides the exact same as it did before the cutting.

Also S type R KW run from 2300 on up to 2800

The Tbird ones go for about 1500-1800

i wanna see how low the kws go but havent found a pic of a jag or a thunderbird with them yet

Those KWV3's go well beyond what would be even considered "safe" with the LS. I wouldn't be concerned about not getting enough of a drop

The Eibachs are a progressive spring. You killed the calibration by cutting off coils. Eibachs and sport shocks give an excellent ride and handling.
Rides the same so didnt kill anything. Thanks for the concern. IMO Eibach pro-kit is a joke.

the cutting was also done by a few others on here. One being the LS1 LS. His feedback was the same as mine about the ride.

The website says they go 1.4-2.5 on the vehicles they are meant for.

I cross referenced KYB shocks and they are the say for the Tbird to LS. Also the top hats are the same.

Might be pulling the suspension off the donor soon and starting to get the mounts mocked up. I'm too excited to sit by and wait for R&D to get approved.

Members online

Back