New car, still in the family

BrklynExpress

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok..so..I'm finally going to confess...

I traded in my beloved LS to get another car..but I stayed in the family.

For my birthday..since I got some crappy gifts...I decided to treat myself...

2010 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost with Appearance package. Ingot Silver on brown leather. Every option besides for self parking.

Good:
Awd
Twin turbo V6. 355 hp. Nuff said.
Microsoft Sync system. Plug in USB memory and have all my songs..as
well as Ipod control.
Panoramic roof.
Much improved interior quality. Besides for some plastic trim in a few places that Ford thought customers wouldn't notice, the rest of the cabin is very nice.
Backup camera.
Appearance package which nobody has. Lower body trim painted, partially blacked out grille and blacked out headlights.

Bad:
Turn radius like a Ford F250 quad cab.
Handling doesn't compare to LS.
Less driver control. The handling is fine, but doesnt compare to a LS. Car leans into turns and dives on stops.
Eats gas. Despite what ford says, ecoboost eats gas. Can't complain since the power is there though.
No exhaust note. Might have to splurge on the Hennessey package.

Honestly, I miss the LS. I hope one day I will pick up an 06, and fully customize the engine. It is an amazing car and despite what the haters say, it looks clean and classy.

IMAGE_027.jpg

IMAGE_028.jpg

IMAGE_029.jpg

IMAGE_030.jpg

IMAGE_031.jpg

IMAGE_032.jpg

IMAGE_033.jpg

yea love the Ls better if only we had more horse power. the MKS is just not attractive to me looks too big bulky like a old woman :shifty:

Very Very nice car! My next is either going to be a SHO or that. If money permits I will be getting a MKS Ecoboost with Appearance package as well (in black of course...). Try lowering springs and see if that helps the handling.

Try lowering springs and see if that helps the handling.

It's still a nose heavy FWD vehicle. That will probably help, along with some good tires.

Since I don't do sideways mounted engined (FWD or AWD doesn't matter; the nose is still too heavy) cars anymore, the Hyundai Genesis is high on my short list.

It's still a nose heavy FWD vehicle. That will probably help, along with some good tires.

Since I don't do sideways mounted engined (FWD or AWD doesn't matter; the nose is still too heavy) cars anymore, the Hyundai Genesis is high on my short list.

My front lip already made contact with a driveway. As careful as I was. Lowering springs will be a disaster for the front.

This car really is more about comfort and convenience. And it moves. The power transfers OK to the rear wheels when needed. But any aggressive turning and there definitely is body roll.

Beautiful car. A+. I've had LS for a month but it does have amazing handling..But you have alot to be pretty hype about...the slick tech upgrades (sync, ect), fresh NEW leather and AWD (If you're in brooklyn, we deal with similar sh*t snowy roads...AWD will be awesome....if u even drive it this winter). When looking at the MKS' they do appear long, somewhat bulky/tall actually. But dont get me wrong, def would be one of my top picks if i were in the ballgame to buy a new car. I'd love to feel how it drives.

Unfamiliar, but I'm assuming your setup/package is the best available for MKS as far as performance goes?

yea love the Ls better if only we had more horse power. the MKS is just not attractive to me looks too big bulky like a old woman :shifty:

It's a nice car, but not for me, I would have to agree with oskiny. Congrats on the new ride.

Enjoy it, it's a nice lookin' car. You're a brave soul buying a new car and parking it on the streets of Brooklyn, though. They don't call scuffed up bumpers "Brooklyn bumpers" for nothing. lol

Beautiful car. A+. I've had LS for a month but it does have amazing handling..But you have alot to be pretty hype about...the slick tech upgrades (sync, ect), fresh NEW leather and AWD (If you're in brooklyn, we deal with similar sh*t snowy roads...AWD will be awesome....if u even drive it this winter). When looking at the MKS' they do appear long, somewhat bulky/tall actually. But dont get me wrong, def would be one of my top picks if i were in the ballgame to buy a new car. I'd love to feel how it drives.

Unfamiliar, but I'm assuming your setup/package is the best available for MKS as far as performance goes?

The Ecoboost is the direct injection twin turbo 3.5 v6 which puts out around 350 hp with awd. The base 3.7 v6 is very mediocre, but with the AWD it is a disaster. Car is very heavy. From what I understand, the Ecoboost has bigger stabilizer bars and a better suspension.

Thanks for the "nastiest mks" comment lol. I had a hard time picking out the color combination. They had one in black on black, black on brown, and silver on brown. I personally have a weak spot for lighter exteriors on dark exterior, and the brown leather stands out. A good friend of mine picked one up black on brown. I must admit the black looks better, but any scratches or paint damage shoes up much worse on black paint. I had a black Maxima before and you could see every speck of dirt on it.

Oh and another comment. Forget about fuel economy. The commercial is B/S.
Stop and go aggressive inner city traffic with accessories on I manage 9-11 mpg. Medium traffic with a few green lights I can hit 14-17. The only positive is on the highway, at a 60 mph cruise, I've hit 30.5 with climate off.

Members online

Back