New car/ first build.

_Aragorn_7

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I just bought my first Mark VIII yesterday (8/19/2020). It is a 1995 with 56,000 miles. I don't have pictures yet, but it is white but has a few dents/dings.

2 issues i have found so far is the check the air suspension light is on and the transmission shutters when the engine is below 2000 rpm and under a load. I have had this issue on an 04 crown vic and fixed it by changing the fluid and filter.

So this evening i dropped the pan expecting it to be covered in metal and have the little dipstick plug floating around. However, the pan was very clean (only a small amount of metal on the magnet) and the plug is gone. I guess someone else has already been in there.

The fluid stinks really bad and it was overfilled. I am still hoping that changing the fluid and filter will stop the shutter.

Is anything i should look for or do before filling the transmission? Also if the transmission is bad what transmission should i get? I am planning to supercharge it sometime (maybe this winter).

Im sold on Amsoil Trans fluid. It completely solved REALLY bad shudder in our Honda Odyssey and made a huge difference in our RAV4 also. I have it in my 97 MK8 with a J-mod and it runs flawlessly now. The only issue with Amsoil trans fluid is it stinks really bad when you stop at a stop sign or light for about 3000 miles and then that smell goes away.

As you can see, I own 1995 Mark VIII. I have had this car for 22 years, the same transmission shudder problem happened to me at 60,000 miles. I changed my fluid with "Royal Purple" transmission fluid and used a exiler additive, and started to drive the car more. Worked for me, hope it works for you if you decide to use this procedure. Good luck

Members online

Back