New Bulbs For X-mas

RANDO CAMMANDO

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I looked at all the threads on headlight bulbs. Wanted to know if anyone has tried any new ones and what is the best kind in your guys opinions for the ls

i dont want to spend that kind of money on a conversion kit, Just a couple bucks dont need to go all out just yet, money is going else where

my car is an 03 v8 does that make any difference in the bulbs or no, iI seen it said it had hids but I dont git that part noob

If your looking for a unique look and have a small pocket. I would recommend the Sylvania Silverstars they emitt a bright white light and are some of the brightest higher wattage halogen bulbs I have seen. Now that I got a hid conversion kit I am going to have to put some in my brights because not only are my original high beams cheese yellow now, they aren't as bright as my silverstars were in my truck that I used to have. But, that's just my opinion. By the way I don't recommend the cool blue Sylvania bulbs they aren't bright at all.

You might want to consider the Hoen Xenonmatch bulbs or the NOKYA line of bulbs that we carry. I ran the Hoen bulbs in my LS for about two years until I replaced them with an HID conversion kit. They were much brighter than the stock bulbs and brighter than the Silverstars. You can view them here:

Hoen Bulbs

Or you can check out the NOKYA line of bulbs here:

NOKYA Bulbs

optional on any 03+

Standard on Premium Sport models.

But to original poster, just get silverstars. They'll last you and you can find them in any car parts store. Then just save up and get some xetronics. Don't get crappy ebay brand $100 xenons, mine blew out in like a week.

You would know if you have HID's, they are much different than traditional halogens. They fire up almost a soft blue then turn to a clear white color after a few minutes.

And yeah you can switch out the bulb with any matching bulb size which I think is D2R. If you have the HIDs you could get any temp color from yellow to purple if it's a D2R bulb.

Your car would have a high voltage sticker under the hood on the headlamp housing if you had HIDs

Someone correct me??

Thanks GLANGA i dont have em just gotta switch them out now. Going to go with the silverstars. Now i need to find out how to post pics back to the drawing board

OFF TOPIC what do you guys use to resize pics

Members online

No members online now.
Back