New Audio Question

billtoole

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I am seeing all of the scare stories about changing the audio. I am going to change the stereo to the upgrade Bose version on a 99 SLS. Are there some traps I need to avoid? Theft deterrent? I have purchased a matching Bose unit on ebay already.

Thanks

is the original radio a bose unit? if it is i would think it would be a simple swap. usually the wiring harnesses are ready for the upgraded radios to make the upsell at the dealer easy...however caddy's are never easy. im not sure on the 99's i have a 96' and they are totally different...im actually doing the same and found a unit im not sure about on ebay. theres a bunch of guys on this forum that know more than i do about this...however its a pretty common question so i would expect a quick answer....search these forums, because this question was probably answered a few times already...its how i found most of my info

audio

thanks, the radio currently in the car is the stock version. I was looking to change to the upgrade Bose unit. After seeing all the issues with changing from stock to something else, I was hoping to do it the "easy" way. I hope to find out if anything special needs to be done to switch the two thanks for the quick reply!

way to much work involved
different amp, different speakers, different wiring...
you CAN upgrade your HU to a bose HU if you want to add DSP and RDS, however the full bose system would be ridicules to attempt to install....

thanks for the update. The last Cadillac I owned was a big old '65 which I saved from some old guy's back yard while I was in High School. Big difference in changing things on this one. They certainly make it hard!

Thanks Again

Members online

Back