New air ride parts done at home?

BILLBOATS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Can new air ride front struts, rear bags, lines, and all else needed be done with the mark in my driveway? / How high up in inches would you guess she needs to be lifted for plenty of room to replace the air system parts? i.e. struts, bags comp ect.

You just need to get the tires off the ground so that you can remove them and have access to the air springs.

For the front:
  1. remove the 3 bolts from the top of the "shock tower/s"
  2. remove the solenoid to vent the air out of the air-springs
  3. remove the bolt at the Lower Control Arms
  4. put a jack underneath the LCAs and jack them up to compress the air spring pistons
  5. lower the jack and the springs come out compressed
The rears are easy as all you have to do is:
  1. remove the solenoid to vent the air out of the air-springs
  2. press in the lock tabs that are under the springs & twist them until the fat lock tab at the top of the spring falls through the insert hole
  3. compress the spring by hand as needed
  4. remove air spring
Some folks have managed to get the rears done without removing the tires as you really just need to get a jack underneath to hold the car up when the springs release air.

You just need to get the tires off the ground so that you can remove them and have access to the air springs.

For the front:
  1. remove the 3 bolts from the top of the "shock tower/s"
  2. remove the solenoid to vent the air out of the air-springs
  3. remove the bolt at the Lower Control Arms
  4. put a jack underneath the LCAs and jack them up to compress the air spring pistons
  5. lower the jack and the springs come out compressed
The rears are easy as all you have to do is:
  1. remove the solenoid to vent the air out of the air-springs
  2. press in the lock tabs that are under the springs & twist them until the fat lock tab at the top of the spring falls through the insert hole
  3. compress the spring by hand as needed
  4. remove air spring
Some folks have managed to get the rears done without removing the tires as you really just need to get a jack underneath to hold the car up when the springs release air.
Thanks very much as your answer is clear and shows its not a knuckle buster job. My mark has never been in snow and was oil sprays several times so the nuts, bolts will be easier to remove. My main problem is the frame is on ground. I think its the compressor as it doesen't come on with key We are going to drive it up some special made wood ramps to get frame up some for a jack

Members online

No members online now.
Back